H&H no holster draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda wish the uspsa rating card afforded one the benefit ofnthe doubt when it came to stuff like this. I can neither confirm nor deny the drawing from holster taking place, but can confirm I have observed some serious motards withnfirearms at the range, while I know it might be impractical I would like to see a basic demonstration of perhaps loading and unloading your firearm required of all first time shooters at any public range!

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guess I'm just wistfully dreaming of a firing range that would treat us like responsible, trained, and competent gun owners...not like the lowest common denominator.

Allowing responsible, trained, and competent gun owners to draw from the holster sounds safe enough....now if only 95% of the population were responsible, trained, and competent instead of 25%. :thumbup3:

Actually enforcing the rules that have been in place for years became necessary with the huge influx of new shooters to the sport. It is great to have them, but they do create some issues.

Have you ever tried telling one person he can't do something, while he sees you allowing others to do the same thing freely? It is a NIGHTMARE.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allowing responsible, trained, and competent gun owners to draw from the holster sounds safe enough....now if only 95% of the population were responsible, trained, and competent instead of 25%. :thumbup3:

Actually enforcing the rules that have been in place for years became necessary with the huge influx of new shooters to the sport. It is great to have them, but they do create some issues.

Have you ever tried telling one person he can't do something, while he sees you allowing others to do the same thing freely? It is a NIGHTMARE.

:lookaroun You are being generous ...

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. The gun club I'm a member of only permits loaded holstered weapons during an event where a RSO is present.

I'm thinking about taking the RSO training just for this very reason. They are very accommodating about what they consider an "event". Even a "dwkennedy drawing practice" event should qualify.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can confirm this. I was at the range counter when a DOE officer came in with his wife. He was wearing his rig and badge, showed the counter guy his commission card and was told there is no holster draws.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if so, then drive a few more miles west out to canadian off banner road..

Yeah, I've seen some people drawing out there. Unfortunately that is my queue to leave. Too many people at CRs that should be working on proper firing/safety rather than drawing from holster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom