Handgun Scope help??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never owned a handgun with a scope, or shot a handgun with a scope. But I find myself in need of a scope for a Ruger 44 magnum.

Any suggestions on make, power? Buddy of mine gave me a set of 1inch rings for the Ruger, so don't need any rings, and would need a 1 inch scope body scope.

Help with some advice? What you have, or used in the past, suggestions?

Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
44mags 002.jpgLeupold 2x

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies becker atc and 264killer. I know where and what to start looking for. Bushnell and Leupold. 2 powers. Like I stated, I have never shot a pistol with one on it. I am looking forward to though! Old eyes, it should help! LOL! I would imagine it will take some getting used to huh?

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had a handgun with a scope either until last month I acquired a Rem XP-100 in 221 Fireball. Bought a Leupold FX-2 4x28 that was marked down at H&H. Im glad I didn't get a 2x. I might have liked a variable with a bit more power but am pretty happy with the fixed 4x. I like the size of the FX-2. There was one in the classifieds couple days ago that would be perfect for the 44 mag.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might suggest a red dot vs a scope.

I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag. Shot many rounds through it with a red dot.

My Mark III Hunter that I use for steel challenge competitions has a bushnell trophy red dot on it.

The eyes aren't getting any better, so shooting irons isn't an option.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never had a handgun with a scope either until last month I acquired a Rem XP-100 in 221 Fireball. Bought a Leupold FX-2 4x28 that was marked down at H&H. Im glad I didn't get a 2x. I might have liked a variable with a bit more power but am pretty happy with the fixed 4x. I like the size of the FX-2. There was one in the classifieds couple days ago that would be perfect for the 44 mag.

Thanks, I am shopping now!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might suggest a red dot vs a scope.

I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag. Shot many rounds through it with a red dot.

My Mark III Hunter that I use for steel challenge competitions has a bushnell trophy red dot on it.

The eyes aren't getting any better, so shooting irons isn't an option.

I have a older Redhawk Hunter model. It has the scope ring grooves. I have rings, but unsure about how to mount a RedDot??? I have a two or three extra RedDot's on hand. Couple of Burris's TR-25's and a couple others. Wonder how I can put one of the Burris TR-25 on it? Will it withstand the 44??

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more power u have the more ur sight picture will appear to shake , if u are on a rest no big deal. If u are standing on ur hind legs well . But this is me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom