Head Country BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried sweet baby rays BBQ sauce? It is excellent imo. And I have eaten a whole slew of sauces. I have to eat gluten free so I try as many different ones that I can. This is the best so far.

Sweet Baby Rays is good.
Not to get off track, but we bought a gluten free at Sprouts today. I have not tried it yet, but I hope to tomorrow. Might be one for you to try.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet Baby Rays is good.
Not to get off track, but we bought a gluten free at Sprouts today. I have not tried it yet, but I hope to tomorrow. Might be one for you to try.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
Let me know what you think of it. I bought a sauce from my local health store and it was the best I have ever had but it was about 6 bucks a bottle. They stopped carrying it and now I can't remember the name. It's amazing just because it is gluten free everything has to cost much more. They love taking advantage of my disease.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duggan has been closed for a while iirc but it was good.
When thru Pawhuska a few weeks ago Bad Brads on west end of town had barriers on the parking lot, dunno if out of business or have another store.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like HC BBQ sauce but the restaurant isn't anything special in my opinion. When I lived in Ponca I actually liked Duggans on S 14th better.

Duggan was the head cook when Danny Head opened up the first restaurant. He went by the "best cut of meat, and fresh ingredients" frame of mind. When the new restaurant opened, there was a difference of opinion, and Duggan left to start his own business. He stayed with the 2 1/2 and down ribs that are more meat and less fat. The new restaurant went the other way.

I miss Duggans now that he decided to retire, but still eat at Danny's place. When we shoot matches at the PCR&P club, a lot of us go there after the match to eat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom