Head Country BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its been years, but Bad Brads in Pawhuska used to grill Ribeye's over an open wood fire on Friday nights. Haven't been there in a couple of years, but it was sure good.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duggan has been closed for a while iirc but it was good.
When thru Pawhuska a few weeks ago Bad Brads on west end of town had barriers on the parking lot, dunno if out of business or have another store.

They're still open... I see them there once in a while, but my hours usually aren't super conducive to stopping by. But on the way home from work the other day, the smoker out back was fired up and smelling GOOD! :D

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me know what you think of it. I bought a sauce from my local health store and it was the best I have ever had but it was about 6 bucks a bottle. They stopped carrying it and now I can't remember the name. It's amazing just because it is gluten free everything has to cost much more. They love taking advantage of my disease.

Will do.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dougans BBQ was the best! Dang it was good. Head Country will most likely always be my favorite sauce, but their food in the PC restaurant is garbage. You can smoke on the best wood in the world, but that cant make up for poor meat quality.

You want a good road trip, go to Stillwater and eat at The Smokey Pokey. Highway 6 at I-35... it's no Dougans, but it's a hell of a lot better than Head Country.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried sweet baby rays BBQ sauce? It is excellent imo. And I have eaten a whole slew of sauces. I have to eat gluten free so I try as many different ones that I can. This is the best so far.

Sweet baby rays is far from excellent. It's a good commercial sauce but there are many lesser known/smaller/proprietary/local sauces out there that are better. Whatever floats your boat is what counts though.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet baby rays is far from excellent. It's a good commercial sauce but there are many lesser known/smaller/proprietary/local sauces out there that are better.

And the price is right for how decent it is. I still buy it to keep around since it's like, a buck and change a bottle. My kids like it well enough for whatever they want to dip in it.

Head Country is good, especially the Hot, but it's just too thin for my liking. It's really runny, which seems to lead to more waste. I don't buy it much any more. I'd love to try the restaurant though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom