Health episode tonight that was very weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy had symptoms exactly as yours. He went to ER. BP was low. Ended up having a triple bypass. That was 20 years ago and is doing fine.

I would suggest Urgent Care over ER, at this time.

A co-worker was complaining of slight nausea. Went to get some Tums and knees buckled. He couldn't get up. We called ambulance. He didn't make it to hospital. He was 52.

You MAY have been hungry and problem was low sugar. MAY have been something you ate. (normally manifests in 4-12 hours). MAY have been a bug.
MAY be something much more serious.

You will not know without a Dr checking everything out. Please get it looked at.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regarding blood pressure devices, the wife and I have two different ones. One is like the normal in that it has a cuff that fastens around one's bicep. The other one's cuff fastens around ones wrist. The wrist one is handy in that it comes in a small case, which is especially helpful if one is traveling.

I've been testing my BP lately after seeing my doctor about a week or so ago. My pressure was pretty high there in the doctor's office, and they were concerned about it. I told them that about the only time I have high blood pressure is when I get it done in their offices.

At home, my BP stays pretty low.
AAAH, White coat syndrome, it will nearly always be higher in the Dr's office.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"...Pulmonary Embolism caused by clotting in my right leg..."

I hope you are feeling better. I had the same thing in 2020, except a large clot was in my right thigh. Are you on a blood thinner now? Except for the nausea, it sounds like similar symptoms that sent me to the hospital back then. Have you seen your cardiologist since for a follow-up? You might want to give them a call.
yes i am on thinners. I really think my blood sugar had dipped because I ate very little that day, I did eat though.
I have not seen a cardiologist since then and that was in 17

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some years ago, I had a meal mid-day at a Chinese restaurant and they had some sort of chicken and I love chicken so I ate plenty. This was at noon and got off of work at 4:00 PM. One the way home I became extremely nauseous and in the middle of an intersection while turning, I become violently ill and vomited in a bag similar to CHenry.
After vomiting, I drove on home and began to feel better as did CHenry and I attribute it to food poisoning. Perhaps CHenry had eaten some food that was spoiled or tainted??

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some years ago, I had a meal mid-day at a Chinese restaurant and they had some sort of chicken and I love chicken so I ate plenty. This was at noon and got off of work at 4:00 PM. One the way home I became extremely nauseous and in the middle of an intersection while turning, I become violently ill and vomited in a bag similar to CHenry.
After vomiting, I drove on home and began to feel better as did CHenry and I attribute it to food poisoning. Perhaps CHenry had eaten some food that was spoiled or tainted??
After talking to the Dr. we determined I had food poisoning. I had eaten something that was questionable but I thought it was probably ok (wont do that again).
This caused me to throw up and Doc said weakness is very common. Other symptoms can occur but I had no nausea or aches in my gut at all.
5 minutes later the weakness was gone and I felt fine.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After talking to the Dr. we determined I had food poisoning. I had eaten something that was questionable but I thought it was probably ok (wont do that again).
This caused me to throw up and Doc said weakness is very common. Other symptoms can occur but I had no nausea or aches in my gut at all.
5 minutes later the weakness was gone and I felt fine.
Good to hear it was nothing more!

I can identify with the situation. A number of years ago (when we still had 4 kids in the house), I was surprised to find 2 slices of sausage pizza still in the back of the refrigerator that had somehow been missed by everyone. I thought "Great! How lucky!" And I rationalized the moisture inside the ziplock bag as simple condensation...

I was sooo sick. Everyone laughs about it to this day.

Glad that you are feeling better, and that it wasn't more serious (food poisoning is serious enough).

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
MSG overdose?

Latest posts

Top Bottom