Heart surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me: Heart attack and angioplasty in 1995. Docs indicated that I had a couple of years left to live.
Double bypass in 2006. Surgeon said my heart appeared to have not been damaged.
Heart finally began to fail in 2013. Pacemaker/defibrillator installed.
2016, still tear-assing around on my motorcycle, pushing a lawn mower and weed whacker, doing light mechanic work, trips to the rifle range.

I don't have the energy or stamina that I used to have, but I'm 64 years old and have so far beat the odds and predictions. Arthritis in my back and hips slows me down more than the
weakened heart does.
I've been told by a couple of docs that I'm "Somewhat hard to kill".

Every day is a gift. Enjoy life.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are still on the right side of the grass.

Having several family members go through OHS I can say one thing, do as they tell you, do not out run/rush the rehab process. I mean, when you get feeling better do not over do it to quickly, you will hurt then not keep up with your time line.

Glad it is working out well for you.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain, had a triple late Thursday night and got to come home Monday afternoon. Had been feeling a slight pressure for about a month which I thought was indigestion or chest cold/respiratory infection so I made an appointment with my primary on the 12th, they did an EKG and drew blood, said EKG looked like nothing abnormal. I got a call for the nurse leaving work on the 13th and she said "can you go to the ER right now"? seems the 2 enzymes the heart releases when it's in trouble were high. Went to the ER where they did a cath scan and said I had 95% blockage in the left main and left anterior descending, sent off to the heart surgeon and he did his thing and found one more that needed fixing. I feel a whole lot better already, used to be I could go to sleep almost anytime, anywhere. Had ALOT of prayers thrown at me and I know it helped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom