Heck with bologna - who loves Spam? :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmmm Spam... fyi that was a treat when I was a kid. Spam and Deviled Ham were luxury purchases when I was a kid.

Wife doesn't like Spam, so doesn't get bought often, but she will tolerate it when I cook it, apparently her parents just served it up straight from the can complete with jelly on sammiches.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for Hormel Food Corp. for 28 years until I quit in 2000. SPAM is their bread and butter. Of course you know they produced tons during WWII. They built a plant, still running, in Britain during the war. Have another plant in either Guam or the Philipines (sp) and still running. One of the largest markets is Hawaii. You should see the size of the operations at the two big plants, stork cookers are so tall inside the plant. Oh well, just brought back some memories.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love SPAM - we were poor and my mother fed it to me quite a bit growing up. At one point I swore I'd never eat it again but darned if that acquired taste didn't overcome me again as an adult. I have five kids and most won't touch it, neither will my wife. I still make sure that I keep a can or two around at all times PLUS it is a great emergency situation food. The only real change I have made is that SPAM Lite tastes as good as original to me, so I get a modicum less fat/salt now.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love SPAM - we were poor and my mother fed it to me quite a bit growing up. At one point I swore I'd never eat it again but darned if that acquired taste didn't overcome me again as an adult. I have five kids and most won't touch it, neither will my wife. I still make sure that I keep a can or two around at all times PLUS it is a great emergency situation food. The only real change I have made is that SPAM Lite tastes as good as original to me, so I get a modicum less fat/salt now.

Their R&D is awesome, they can do anything and they do.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spam and eggs fried in a cast iron skillet bring back find memories of camping with dad...still one of my favorite guilty pleasure breakfasts.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fried, both sides extra crispy, white bread with mustard, a sprinkle of chipotle powder and cheddar cheese.

I could eat it everyday, but I rarely buy it for feeling guilty about putting it in my body.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I agree it is a great food to stock the cupboard with, in case of emergency. Power out, snowed in, something like that... Spam'll do. The wife won't touch it, but she probably will if we need to. I need to go get some today, the hot dogs I substituted at 3AM didn't cover my craving.

But the question remains, any of you guys ever tried the different flavors there are out there???? I've never been brave enough. <sigh>

Spam
Spam Lite
Spam 25% Less Sodium
Spam Oven Roasted Turkey
Spam Black Pepper
Spam Jalapeno
Spam Teriyaki
Spam with Real Hormel Bacon
Spam with Chorizo Seasoning
Spam with Cheese
Spam Hot & Spicy
Spam Hickory Smoke Flavored

What other varieties can you think of that sound good? :D I'm sure if Jalapeno is out there, some of you guys will say you want Spam with Habanero or Spam with Ghost Chili or something. lol

What about Pepper Jack Spam? Pineapple glazed Spam (ala ham baked with pineapple slices, etc.)? Chipotle Spam? I might have to try some Tony Chachere's Spam! :D

Hey, maybe there's a place for Spam in my armadillo eggs? :D I really need to think on that one...

Latest posts

Top Bottom