The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like Tito's vodka, do yourself a favor and try Dripping Springs. It's out of Texas too, but much, much better than Tito's. In my opinion.

Dripping Springs IS on the approved OK list and I have seen it in a couple Tulsa stores so far.

I can back this up. Dripping Springs is good stuff, and priced similar or sometimes cheaper than Titos.

And YukonGlocker, my wife had someone bring her a bottle of Cazadores they brought back from visiting family. That has been our standard ever since. Fantastic for the money.

That's interesting, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip! Both of 'em, that is... what pricerange is the Cazadores Reposado or Anejo? I like the Camarena Reposado we've been using... it's a good balance of flavor and price. I don't want to step up to the Patron pricerange for making margaritas for the neighborhood. lol

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found that if I'm making Margaritas,,,
It doesn't matter what tequila to use for them.

I can't see wasting money on sipping tequila for mixing.

A brand I found that makes very nice Margaritas is Lunazul,,,
It costs under $20.00 a bottle and does just fine.

It don't taste bad on the rocks either.

Mexico Joe's runs a special every now and then,,,
They serve a 2 oz. shot of Cazadores with a Dos Equis.

They call it "Deer and a Beer",,,
Cazadores isn't a personal favorite of mine,,,
But many of my bar fly buddies swear by the stuff.

Aarond

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My go to marg tequila (because I like goats, and the store by my house has 1.0s of it real cheap).

www.beveragewarehouse.com_images_products_6276.jpg

But my real main squeeze is this, a.) because I like it and b.) none of the other cool mezcals are available near me. I like Illegal when I'm out of state.

liquor.s3.amazonaws.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_12_sombramezcal_bottle.jpg

For a "marg" with both it's 3 oz tequila, 2oz lime juice (I will adjust those amounts depending on mood), and a bit of agave nectar. I add cracked black pepper to the mezcal version and shake it hard.

I like unaged tequila better anyways, which is cool because it's obviously cheaper. I like harsh, spicy, etc.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh, Tequila or Mezcal. I do not shoot either one and El Jimador is very good for sippin'.

Sipping Tequila or Mezcal............

1.Get a bottle of Sal De Gusano.........internet or Mexican food store. This stuff is awesome and strong on the salt so if you follow the directions use sparingly...adjust as you like it.
552780_312623778828050_889260628_n.jpg

Cheers......... "¡Salud, pesetas y amor y tiempo para gozarlos!"

Hey, I've been after "worm salt" for a couple of years. I've even asked a few of my Hispanic friends and they've never even heard of it, let alone know where to find it. Where are you finding this locally? How much they wanting per bottle?

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip! Both of 'em, that is... what pricerange is the Cazadores Reposado or Anejo? I like the Camarena Reposado we've been using... it's a good balance of flavor and price. I don't want to step up to the Patron pricerange for making margaritas for the neighborhood. lol

Reposado is in the ~$27-28, Anejo is around $40. Those are 750ML prices. I don't think I've ever had the Anejo actually. I've had nicer Anejos, but not Cazadores....

Dripping Springs is $18-20 for a 750ML, whereas Tito's is right at $18.

Latest posts

Top Bottom