Hot Peppers? Who loves them extra hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys have me thinking I need to plant some hotter than jalapeño peppers to dry and use for seasoning. 🤔
Yes you should! Home dried pepper seasoning is awesome. Each person can put on however much they want heat wise. Love it in bowls of soup/chili, on eggs, in bbq meat rubs, on rice, on anything really.

We blend jalapeños habanero ghosts cayenne etc, all together… any cheap dehydrator will do. We dry them and store them whole in jars. Then pull them out and grind batches in a coffee grinder as needed.

Once dried they last for years stored in sealed mason jars too. Great preservation method

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I split the habaneros, just put cayennes in whole. Smoke on low heat until completely dry. Grind them up and put in spice shaker. Adds heat and smoke to chili, gumbo, stew, etc…

Attachments

• IMG_6194.jpeg
    IMG_6194.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love hot food. But it seems like “hot” for most restaurants is a jalapeño somewhere in the 5-gallons of seasoning. Cheetos has some hotter chips a few months ago. Smoky ghost pepper was delicious with the right amount of burn. But they’re gone now. My FIL found a decent jalapeño cheese bread that’s decently warm but you still taste the bread.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loved hot peppers, Carolina reaper, ghost peppers, habernero, jalapeños. Loved spicy food all my life, but developed stomach issues to the point I finally went to Doctor a couple year ago. It's bad if I go to doc, wife says that I have to be dying to give in and go.
Well doc told me to lay off hot peppers and spicy food. My issues went away, I still eat spicy food on occasion but my stomach let's me know it when I do.

Our bodies change with age, dang I still miss'em but the issues I was having were worse.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I inherited my affinity for heat from my father, God bless his soul. He could open a jar of jalapenos and just stuff them one after the other into his mouth. He would sit there sweating and grinning.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The second half of my youth was spent growing up on a farm. Cows, pigs, chicken, and lots of garden. My dad typically planted around a 1/4 acre of peppers. Mostly bell, pablano, and jalapeño. Primarily though was the jalapeño that he would pickle/bottle and enjoy the following year. He took a gallon jug to work most weeks and finish them off and repeat.

That’s where I developed my taste for jalapeño.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom