How do I destinkify my

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
World War II backpack that I just received? It has that old, musty, been sitting in a warehouse for 50 years covered in mouse turds type of odor, you know, kind of like your least favorite girlfriend smells like. I have run it through the washer and it's been sitting outside in the sun for five or six hours, but there is little improvement. Any tips?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pack it in non glossy newspaper inside and out.
I got the smell out of an old military bag like that.
6 hours in the sun is not near long enough..
Some car seats take 2-6 weeks in the sun to de-smelly them

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5 gallon bucket or larger full of water and full box of Arm & Hammer powder. Mix well. Let soak and occasionally agitate it with your hands. Do this all day on a weekend and agitate every hour or so between chores or ball games. Should help a lot or completely get rid of the stank.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5 gallon bucket or larger full of water and full box of Arm & Hammer powder. Mix well. Let soak and occasionally agitate it with your hands. Do this all day on a weekend and agitate every hour or so between chores or ball games. Should help a lot or completely get rid of the stank.

This is essentially what I was going to recommend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom