How I almost died this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stepped outside this morning at about 0615 to have a smoke before I took a shower (only wearing my boxers, my robe, and house shoes) I normally turn the light on for a second to see if there is anything laying outside the door but today I didn't and it almost sucked. When you step out my back door immediately to the right is my stack of firewood and then about 8 feet out from the house is just a pile of log I have to split when I need it and dumbass me didn't put up the axe last night so it was just laying there. Anyway back to the event that occurred this morning, as I step outside and light my cigarette I walk over and lean against the wood stack and apparently an owl decided to roost up there and when I leaned back it flew right into the back of my head (I may have screamed like a little girl I cant confirm or deny) after it hit me I tried to run and I tripped almost slamming face first into the axe I failed to put away last night.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Im glad youre ok and alive, I can say that is pretty funny, and about what I go thru all the time it seems the older I get. Reminds me of one of Rube Goldbergs chain reaction machine cartoons.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoaaaaaaa! What a ordeal. Glad your not hurt, it could have gone bad as you know. Took out by a Owl is not a good thing and would be a funny epithet. Againg, glad to hear your not hurt, but that was funny!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't smoke never have but an axe can cause damage. . . I have a scar on the palm of my left hand from when I was a teenager from an axe.

The axe was leaned against a fence which was right near the top of a 4 to 5 foot deep drainage ditch. I was on the opposite side of the ditch and was asked to go get the axe. Being a kid I ran down the one side and started up the other, foot slipped and I put my hands out to catch myself slicing nearly half my hand on the axe. The bad thing is that even to this day something like a weedeater's vibration make that spot hurt like you can't imagine and it has ALWAYS itched. I probably cut a couple nerves as I had some loss of feeling in my index finger for about 6 months and it still isn't quite right twenty years later.

Would hate to see in the news where someone fell and face planted on one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom