How many of you can outrun a bear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Speaking of outrunning a bear. I tease my wife that on the outset of any apocalyptic/dystopian crisis that I am just prepared to die. I call it 'Eatin by the bear'

I tell her I have made peace with the fact that we as a family unit will not be battling in a holocaustic situation, zombie attack, post nuclear drama.

My wife, bless her heart would not be, at this time, an able aide in a time of life threatening crisis such as those. We have 3 daughters and say a situation broke out and I told her, " Babe, grab the shotgun or the AK and man the back door!" or "Take the kids and your pistol and bunker down in the basement".

I joke with my wife that in those situations, she would be saying "what is it? ... whats going on? ... what are you doing? ... what are you saying?"

I would get 50 questions and have to explain every detail before she made a move. so for that, Im not going to fight, Im ok with just saying "right here Zombie, me first" LOL!

Of course she gets mad and says Im mean. I then say ok, heres an analogic premise:

We are camping (to which she says "that wont happen, I don't camp") I say bear with me. We are camping, when all of a sudden all five of us are being chased by a massive hungry menacing bear. It chases us to a big deep ravine, only way across is to walk on an old tree trunk straddled from one side to the other, what do you do?

She says "Hmm, I don't know!" To which I respond with "See, that's what I am prepared to get eatin by the bear. She said why is that?

If you are being chased by a massive hungry bear and have to make a decision to cross a ravine on a narrow log and you hesitate? Youll be eatin by the bear.

I use that now and then when a situation arises where she gets stressed and hesitates. I say "Eatin by the bear". To which she then says "shut up *******"

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell mine we would never survive because I say, don't ask questions RUN!
50 questions later and we're goners because it's too late to run.

I haven't spoken to her in 4 days. I didn't want to interrupt her.

We were perfectly happy for 20 years, then we met.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run between two closely-spaced trees, as I've been told that bears tend to follow their prey's route exactly. If you can get him stuck between the trees, theoretically, you could hop onto his back and strangle him with your belt. Sorry, but that's all I've got.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run between two closely-spaced trees, as I've been told that bears tend to follow their prey's route exactly. If you can get him stuck between the trees, theoretically, you could hop onto his back and strangle him with your belt. Sorry, but that's all I've got.

Don't be sorry. You may have just saved someones life. lol

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Like a dog, if you run your hand into their mouth/throat, they willl open wide and hold it. If your hand contains a shape knife you cut his throat from the inside. It has been done, there is a stuffed bear in Jackson Hole that was killed by a man with his bare hands this way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom