How many of you guys eat Sushi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt! Glad things are not getting any worse. You are more of a man than me. Even though I know what the alternative would be, I don't think I could take a needle in the eye. Bless your heart, hang in there!!
It's more the thought than any pain. The DR does a darned good job of numbing the eye. About all I feel is a little pressure, and he's done. You see some little liquid swirls for a second or two and then it's gone.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's more the thought than any pain. The DR does a darned good job of numbing the eye. About all I feel is a little pressure, and he's done. You see some little liquid swirls for a second or two and then it's gone.

So, are you also treating Macular Degeneration, Dennis. Maybe you just never mentioned it before, or maybe I missed it if you did. What you just described is exactly what my experiences have been.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big fan. I've added some of the restaurants on this thread to our try list (and some rolls, like the Triple Bypass roll)
Currently, we drive to Ume in El Reno.
Two Christmas rolls, one mango madness roll, gyoza, then we have a hibachi dinner.
Love that place
Thanks for the tip. Have family in ER. Don’t eat much sushi as my sister, but love som hibachi.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Time was, I felt just as you are feeling now about getting eye injections. Prior to the Macular Degeneration, I did have cataract surgery with both eyes. For the first one, I was nearly a basket case going into the operation area, but they used some drugs or whatever, and possibly eye drops that kept it where I had no sensation of even minor discomfort. I could see a light and motion show from the eye, but absolutely no pain. Second cataract surgery was like having a piece of cake.

Because of the cataract experiences, I was not alarmed by the idea of the injections for MD. At worst, there might be a sensation of pressure and maybe a slight pin prick. The injection takes about one second to insert the needle and put in the solution.

The worst part of the eye injection procedure is later in the day when I sense irritation of the eye and need to put in some eye drops.
Fantastic! I had all kinds of horrible scenarios running through my head.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, are you also treating Macular Degeneration, Dennis. Maybe you just never mentioned it before, or maybe I missed it if you did. What you just described is exactly what my experiences have been.
Yes, AMD in the left eye. It's pretty much 20-20 now if I keep up with the injections and the recent cataract surgery on the same eye.
The right shooting eye is 20-10 still. Very sharp.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never knew there was sushi etiquette.

IMG_0728.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom