how much to spend on a 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulkAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
These kinds of posts are always interesting. I don't think I've ever even spent $1400 on a 1911. At least not initially. My S&W might be getting close with some of the smithing I've paid for. I've never had an issue with any of my firearms either. My Springer Mil Spec is one of my favorite shooters.

When I see posts about the need for extremely expensive pistols, my thought is that you'd be much better off getting a cheaper firearm and more training. I know I've never been able to get the most out of my handguns.

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never owned a $1400 1911. I do currently own a RIA GI model that I picked up used for $260 a few years back. Thousands of rounds later........both factory and reloads. Never a problem with FTF or FTE. I had to throat the barrel to accomadate semi wadcutters, but thats it.

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe olyeller recommended kimber. I haven't heard of anyone who liked theirs. Granted my 1911 circle of friends have mostly wilsons, browns, wessons and baers. I want one of those new Dan Wesson black Valor vbobs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom