I have a PERSONAL message for the Muslim father whose son was killed in Iraq

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allen West
Everyone’s talking about the speech delivered by Mr. Khizr Khan, accompanied by his wife Ghazala at the DNC that focused on the loss of his son, U.S. Army Captain Humayan Khan.

It appears things have devolved into such a level of immaturity relating to the speech that I believe there’s a need for a clear analysis of Mr. Khan’s address, and what he should have presented.

First, let me offer my condolences to the Khan family for their sacrifice, as they are now an American Gold Star Family. Their son and I share an unbreakable bond. We both served our nation and, along with three other generations in my family, took the oath to support and defend our Constitution and served in combat zones.

Yes sir, Mr. Khan, I’ve read our Constitution and firmly recognize the preeminent responsibility of our federal government is to “provide for the common defense.” I also comprehend the relationship between the three branches of government…you know separation of powers, checks and balances, coequal branches of government.

I would offer a simple recommendation to Mr. Khan. Perhaps you should have asked President Barack Obama if he had read the Constitution — undoubtedly you would agree we have witnessed a few unconstitutional actions from him.

And while you were at it, Mr. Khan, perhaps you could have asked Hillary Clinton about handling classified information — since I’m quite sure your son, Captain Khan, had at a minimum a secret clearance.

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/personal-message-muslim-father-whose-son-killed-iraq

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allan West's full reply at the link is worthwhile reading.

Another commentator suggested that a good question for Mr. Khan is, "who killed your son?"....The answer of course is Islamic radicals. The same ones that Trump is trying to keep out of the U.S. by having a temporary halt to Muslim immigration until reasonable vetting procedures can be implemented. He also pointed out that Mr. Kahn immigrated (40 years ago) because he wanted to become an American (i.s. assimilate) and met reasonable immigration standards. Can the same be said for the 500,000 refugees that Obama and Clinton want to welcome?

One can only hope that this issue turns into the much needed wooden stake driven into the heart of political correctness.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Allan West's full reply at the link is worthwhile reading.

Another commentator suggested that a good question for Mr. Khan is, "who killed your son?"....The answer of course is Islamic radicals. The same ones that Trump is trying to keep out of the U.S. by having a temporary halt to Muslim immigration until reasonable vetting procedures can be implemented. He also pointed out that Mr. Kahn immigrated (40 years ago) because he wanted to become an American (i.s. assimilate) and met reasonable immigration standards. Can the same be said for the 500,000 refugees that Obama and Clinton want to welcome?

One can only hope that this issue turns into the much needed wooden stake driven into the heart of political correctness.
Your spot on. I'm having an issue in why Trumps writers have not brought this to the surface. I suspect its because he is not relying on professional speech writers.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump may be baiting a trap

This type of thing happens too often with Trump. His ego will get the better of him if he cannot discipline himself for a tough campaign.
He seems to be unable to make even the slightest honest retraction -he makes many insincere "I'm sorry...that so many people are misunderstanding me" kind of (so-called) apologies but not sincere ones. I am not a professional speech writer but can see a dozen graceful ways he could have either avoided this situation or extricated himself from it. He is clearly a capable man but one doesn't win merely on self-confidence and bluster. A presidential campaign requires strategic thinking, smart messaging, and personal/campaign discipline.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's the anti-candidate who has succeeded (so far) by going against the conventional wisdom to be nice and diplomatic and above the fray. Has he torpedoed himself or is that just what the mainstream media and his enemies inside the republican party want us to believe?? ...Hard to say, but every new terrorist attack seems to strengthen his candidacy.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's the anti-candidate who has succeeded (so far) by going against the conventional wisdom to be nice and diplomatic and above the fray. Has he torpedoed himself or is that just what the mainstream media and his enemies inside the republican party want us to believe?? ...Hard to say, but every new terrorist attack seems to strengthen his candidacy.

I'm sure he could find a way to be the anti-candidate without being an asshat every time his ego is involved. He hasn't torpedoed his campaign but he is accumulating problems that he could easily avoid. Even if he eventually overcomes them - why self-induce them in the first instance?

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the pool of citizens that would vote for a guy that maligns (now repeatedly) American veteran heroes is large enough to get him elected. He's got the hardest working shovel in the room, and keeps digging.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the pool of citizens that would vote for a guy that maligns (now repeatedly) American veteran heroes is large enough to get him elected. He's got the hardest working shovel in the room, and keeps digging.

Julius Assange (wiki leaks) announced today his next release will result in your candidate being arrested.
She's been digging for 20+ years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom