I hope you are holding on with both hands!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, all the markets doing great! Don’t worry if the markets drop a little bit, the FED will be their with their god like powers to keep it propped up! Who needs those pesky old CD’s that paid 5 or 6 percent over time? Heck, I remember my grandma getting 16% on them back in the late 70’s. Its great that interest rates are at or near 0, and everybody is back to work. Wages are at record highs (for some) and who care’s if we have a little 18 trillion dollar debt in this country, so what, its just a number isn’t it? Its all good! Its just debt, no big deal. We can have negative interest rates. I know some here will say that we have corrections in the markets and I understand that and when they retire in 40 years all will be good. Remember one thing, nobody is guaranteed tomorrow….

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, all the markets doing great! Don’t worry if the markets drop a little bit, the FED will be their with their god like powers to keep it propped up! Who needs those pesky old CD’s that paid 5 or 6 percent over time? Heck, I remember my grandma getting 16% on them back in the late 70’s. Its great that interest rates are at or near 0, and everybody is back to work. Wages are at record highs (for some) and who care’s if we have a little 18 trillion dollar debt in this country, so what, its just a number isn’t it? Its all good! Its just debt, no big deal. We can have negative interest rates. I know some here will say that we have corrections in the markets and I understand that and when they retire in 40 years all will be good. Remember one thing, nobody is guaranteed tomorrow….
And mortgage interest was also sky Fn high. Its give a take, how can a bank (business to make money) pay savings interest above or beyond what mortgage interest is bringing in?

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And mortgage interest was also sky Fn high. Its give a take, how can a bank (business to make money) pay savings interest above or beyond what mortgage interest is bringing in?

As a middle class American at that time, it was nice that I was on the receiving end of the cash. Mortgage rates only affect the debtor. Back then we were encouraged to save money and pay with cash, today its upside down. Not my cup of tea.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 150 shares of a small-cap oil stock before it hit $40. I'm actually sitting at a marginal gain. Go figure.

I'm interested in public companies that have coal gasification plants. I think they'll fare well if any legislation goes through that hurts traditional coal companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom