I hope you are holding on with both hands!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is more related to the China market that was down more than 8% as of this morning.

I don't think it's been high, I think if you take the lower value of the dollar due to quantitative easing, it is probably inline with real valuations

Drops like this are rare, and are long term buying opportunities!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time will tell. Unless you can afford to lose a good percentage of your investment capital I would not recommend trying to catch a falling knife.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have helped my 19 yo daughter open a Roth. She has funded it herself. I am helping her make her initial purchase today of a S&P Indexed mutual fund. After today, the fund should be around 15% or more off its 30 day average. In my opinion, it is on a fire sale today and with 30+ years to retirement, this initial investment could be enough to retire on.

I have tried to teach her about dollar cost averaging and making systematic contributions over time, which she plans to do.

The timing of this correction couldn't be better for this scenario.

Time will tell. Unless you can afford to lose a good percentage of your investment capital I would not recommend trying to catch a falling knife.

Latest posts

Top Bottom