I need a new ISP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm in Broken Arrow and have been using Windstream ISP since ~2006. In the last two months or so, service is frequently disrupted. Streaming movies stop two or three times. Surfing the internet is frequently disrupted.

I called them last week and the rep said that our area has seen an increase in demand and that their "engineers" are working to fix the problem.

I called today and ***** said he'd check on the status and he put me on hold. He actually disconnected me.

I called back and (I forgot her name) said she's in the broadband dept and that Windstream knows there is a problem but that they aren't planning on fixing it, but would I like to upgrade to satellite.

Which other ISPs are there in BA? Rates? Suggestions?

thanx

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My inlaws were having some issues with them also and recommended they get a new modem. I looked at it and decided it was on their end. Went back and forth until I got to the tier 1 support and the lady got me squared away but only because she could not contradict my opinion on the issue. Ended up being in their switch station or something. Had them convert to pppoe and all is good now even on the old modem.

I think your only option is going to be cox. Might call them and see what they can offer and ask them to help ya out

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had Windstream since it was Valornet and it's spotty at times.
had some issues over a period of month that were finally resolved.
but, at one point customer service told me they don't guarantee a constant, uninterrupted connection.
basically is comes and goes, deal with it and maybe we'll fix it.
they fixed it after 4-5 calls.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanx for the responses.

What, exactly, is involved in buying the satellite plan for windstream? They actually come into the house, etc? I wonder how much it costs?

Right now we have phone line and internet for $98/month.

What is Cox ISP by comparison?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. So fed up with Valornet/windstream in BA it isn't funny anymore. Have 3 kids in college that actually need an ISP that works for school work. Have been looking at satellite and cox, but have not decided which way to go yet.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. So fed up with Valornet/windstream in BA it isn't funny anymore. Have 3 kids in college that actually need an ISP that works for school work. Have been looking at satellite and cox, but have not decided which way to go yet.

Seriously, the lady I talked to yesterday was in their high speed internet department, and they're beyond caring. They've got all the business they need and could care less about customer service. The rep actually said I could just get another ISP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom