I need your thoughts and prayers to help me cope...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I am very sorry to hear this. I know if will be a trying time for everyone involved. I am a child of a divorce that happened about the same age as your son's. He will honestly be better off than you will be. Just like everyone else has said, make sure he knows who his Dad is.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that with kids. Its very hard not to be selfish during these times but the best advice I can give is...........its not about YOU! Right now the focus is on your son. You will survive, You will make it, there is some one else out there for you. The most important relationship is your son. He comes first, he needs you, he will not understand until he is much older so for now you must be the example the Rock. Do not become distracted and with your free time you can focus on him even more. Hang in there will be praying for you and your family.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Praying for you Dave.

Trust me when I say that if you and your soon to be ex are both sane and capable of getting along that even though you may go through a range of emotions, at least things will be ok for your son. Keep that thought in the front of your head and always do everything in his best interests.

I have an incredibly terrible situation on my hands where my ex is not and my 3 kids are at the whims of her manipulation and psychological torture. I have lost faith in many things, the legal system being only one of them, and at this point I simply don't know what to do... I hurt for my kids every single minute of my life and a few distractions from my reality here and there are about the only thing that cause me to be able to get by. I hope that your situation never degrades to the level of mine, but as long as your future ex behaves like a human being, it likely won't.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep your friends close while your going through this process. Remember you have lots of friends on OSA and I'm sure a lot of them will be there for you. Heck I work 7 days on and 7 days off. Don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you just need to hang out and go shoot or something.

Last edited:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember you have lots of friends on OSA and I'm sure a lot of them will be there for you..

True dat!
People I've just randomly met through this board have been great and always willing to lend help in one manner or another when the chips were down.
Great buncha' kooks here! :)

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave, I am sorry to hear about this. I can see that you are truly hurt. I would like to suggest a different path then what some might offer. Fight hard to get her back. I don't know if you ever watched the movie Fireproof, but I recommend it highly. Just watch it by yourself and try it. Text me any time, day or night if I can do anything. It's not over. Even when all looks hopeless, it's still not over if you don't give up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom