I saw this guy at the range the other day ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looked pretty obvious he was unfamiliar with firearms in general, and his AR-10-type in particular. He didn't seem the conversational type, so I mostly left him alone. He managed to keep most of his shots on paper at 100y, with effort, with a scope.

Next time I see him, he is shooting no better, but with a Zeiss scope/laser rangefinder combo. I happened to notice what rifle he is shooting: Knights Armament SR-25! Probably the most expensive lesson in "equipment does not equal skill" you could get!

I see this all the time ... Invariably I wind up talking to whoever it is (I KNOW ... I'm such a wallflower!! LOL) and by the time I'm done with them they are shooting better than they were when I met them, I've made a new friend, and they've learned something about trigger control, sights, etc. ... all the basic things no one ever bothered to mention to them ...

I can't tell you how many times I've seen guys instructing guys on "how to shoot that thang" and the guy instructing didn't know any more about it than the guy doing the shooting ... it's sad, really ... and a good way for somebody to get hurt!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im still shootin my SAA built by pinkhammer, with iron sights. Maybe after another 1k rounds Ill get enough nerve to put an Ncstar on it , and do some ..reel ..shootin
Thanks R nice shooter

Latest posts

Top Bottom