I Think I Want A Guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was asking about the Plexi.
No I lended it to Hungarian guitar wiz Steve Balassi when he played with me, he took it home to Hungary with him when his Visa ran out, then flew back when he got another Visa but then US Customs at Ohare airport confiscated the Marshall 1987 and his Rocktron Prophesy effects unit that was racked together over a customs duty & fine BS they hit him with because he copped attitude with them during the interview. He did the programming work in Hungary and was bringing the finished product to demo to Rocktron. Customs officer said that constituted work without the correct Visa for R&D by a foreign national. He called BS in his mad Hungarian style, they took the rig and made him fly back to Budapest. Two back to back 18hr flights. Lesson learned, do not cop attitude with US Customs.
Bummer because he had a thousand hours of programming patches he designed for the Prophesy.
Rocktron even had a patch catagory called Mr. Balassi In their software and Steve ended up missing out on future employment for Rocktron because all his work was with Customs.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I lended it to Hungarian guitar wiz Steve Balassi when he played with me, he took it home to Hungary with him when his Visa ran out, then flew back when he got another Visa but then US Customs at Ohare airport confiscated the Marshall 1987 and his Rocktron Prophesy effects unit that was racked together over a customs duty & fine BS they hit him with because he copped attitude with them during the interview. He did the programming work in Hungary and was bringing the finished product to demo to Rocktron. Customs officer said that constituted work without the correct Visa for R&D by a foreign national. He called BS in his mad Hungarian style, they took the rig and made him fly back to Budapest. Two back to back 18hr flights. Lesson learned, do not cop attitude with US Customs.
Bummer because he had a thousand hours of programming patches he designed for the Prophesy.
Rocktron even had a patch catagory called Mr. Balassi In their software and Steve ended up missing out on future employment for Rocktron because all his work was with Customs.
Sorry, I brought back a crappy situation. I'd been spitting nails.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A real Kentucky Colonel owned this and I got it at his estate sale. Gordon was a neighbor of over 20 years and I chased numerous guitar boxes that magically showed up around tornado season every year. Had it tuned and checked by one of Okc’s best Brann Guitars.

IMG_2744.jpeg

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I brought back a crappy situation. I'd been spitting nails.
I called Customs and told them if the Rocktron programming was their beef ok, but the roadcase, Marshall amp, delay unit and power conditioner were mine loaned to him for assimilation with American and British gear standards to run the Rocktron. I even faxed them bill of sale for each component.
Nope, the Customs lady who busted him was such an ass to deal with. Last I heard Steve was working cruise ships and bar gigs in Scandanavia.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a Thinline Tele body, a bridge, and a Strat neck with tuners from Rusty today. Thanks @GnometownHero for hooking me up and sharing your knowledge.

Now I get to gather parts and put it all together.

View attachment 468526
Thank you Don, I had fun yesterday, I cannot wait to see and play the finished guitar
Once again, OSA folks are awesome to hang out with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom