I was speechless when my wife says

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No duh. You go from sleeping on the couch to a new rifle. Lucky. You are surely blessed.

caught me by surprised bro.

Protect your marbles and wonder what she wants. This is not normal behavior of the female species. :hypnotize:

ahhaahh agreed

Kick me in the balls!! Haha that's funny. I kinda felt the same way when I say a LaRue package on my GF's front steps and she sent me a picutre later of the LaRue TAD Gear Ranger hoodie!!! Woohoo!

congrats. Larue does make some quality stuff, I ordered a red dot mount for my wife aimpoint compml3 and it's on the way here.

Thanks for the info, I went to the site and also did some homework on this one site M1A I really like the M1A Scout Socom version. We're going to stop by HH tomorrow to check it out.

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you on her graduation. I finished Rx School myself 6 years ago, man that's a long tough road a great feeling to be finishing up!

I have an M1A "Loaded" myself that really just fell into my lap from a friend right after I started looking for one. I was really looking for a scout squad or a standard.

Couple of differences on the Loaded I didn't figure out 'till later: The rear sight aperature is really just too tight for any real shooting in the field without broad daylight and a very clearly defined target. No one makes a forward mounted optic rail to fit the Loaded due to it's heavier profile barrel. Several good forward rails are out there for the standard model. I'm either going to bore out the aperature on mine or replace it, and forget plans for any optics.

The Scout Squad and Socom are cool but they are both supplied with the muzzle brake instead of the birdcage flash supressor. From what I've heard, that makes them too loud to be comfortable. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know the mechanical reason the short rifles need the brake and exactly how much worse the muzzle blast is with them.

For my money, if I did it over again I'd have the standard model in a walnut stock. Top it off with a good 1907 style sling or a GI one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom