if THIS indoor match were held, I'd shoot it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you like to shoot the MOST?

• Total voters

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
22 match? Thats a great idea!!! I wish I would have thought if that.

I would shoot any of them. I say we alternate between ICORE and .22 rifle. Or we could do 22 two gun!!! Shoot your ten rounds of 22 pistol then transition to the rifle.

I have a great tiger SR22 for sale in the classifieds right now!!! Better get it quick!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with alternating match types is that some folks are going to be constantly showing up for the wrong one. ("oh, I thought that was THIS month. Crap, I drove all this way for nothing...")

However, going back to the fact that there are 4 months with 5 Sundays in them, (one per quarter) maybe we could do something special then.

I can see running out of ideas pretty fast with the .223 rifle match, but the .22 and ICORE would be much easier to keep interesting month after month.

ICORE stages don't require much movement and lend themselves pretty easily to a facility like Heartland.

I like the idea of ".22 2-gun," which I should've added to the poll. I just thought I'd incoporate it into the matches, if that's what we decided to do, based on interest.

Understand that ALL of these matches would typically be shot forward of the built-in firing points.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with alternating match types is that some folks are going to be constantly showing up for the wrong one. ("oh, I thought that was THIS month. Crap, I drove all this way for nothing...")

However, going back to the fact that there are 4 months with 5 Sundays in them, (one per quarter) maybe we could do something special then.

I can see running out of ideas pretty fast with the .223 rifle match, but the .22 and ICORE would be much easier to keep interesting month after month.

ICORE stages don't require much movement and lend themselves pretty easily to a facility like Heartland.

I like the idea of ".22 2-gun," which I should've added to the poll. I just thought I'd incoporate it into the matches, if that's what we decided to do, based on interest.

Understand that ALL of these matches would typically be shot forward of the built-in firing points.

Here's my preference:

1. .22lr 2-gun
2. .22lr action rifle
3. Carry gun
4. ICORE
5. 22lr action pistol

The .22 2-gun is probably too equipment intensive for most shooters. Also you introduce the same issues you have with prop guns -- how to transition weapons in a safe way.

.22 rifle on the other hand, nearly everyone can handle.

.223 would suck indoors. I wouldn't shoot it. My competition rifle is loud and concussive enough outdoors. I also won't shoot $35 of centerfire rifle ammo at targets that are 15 yards away. You can get all the same results with the .22lr rifles without major hearing loss and additional expense.

I would put ICORE over carry gun if I had the equipment. Alas, I am revolver-less!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets do 22 rifle regularly then do ICORE on the 5th Sundays. Once all you nuts but the new 22lr M&P we can try 2 gunning it.

The thing I like about the 22 LR rifle match is that you can simulate long range with tiny targets and we can even go prone or shoot out of strange positions. It's matches like this that will have us OKies dominating on the major 3 gun scene next season:)

I would shoot a .223 indoor match. It's too damn loud.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you did a 2 gun 22 indoors maybe it would work if the stages were split

Say. 1&3 were pistol, 2&4 were rifle would that work ? Transitions may be tricky with Heartlands space limitations

Keep in mind.... Some of us have bolt action 22 rifles (77/22 here).. Could we fit into the mix?

Latest posts

Top Bottom