If you could invite a fictional character to dinner who would it be and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KilkennyArms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Irreplaceable Man".. George Washingon so we could talk about how to get the country back on track. I think I know what he would say.

The Honorable the Congress having recommended it to the United States to set apart Thursday the 6th of May next to be observed as a day of fasting, humiliation and prayer, to acknowledge the gracious interpositions of Providence; to deprecate [to pray or intreat that a present evil may be removed] deserved punishment for our Sins and Ingratitiude, to unitedly implore the Protection of Heaven; Success to our Arms and the Arms of our Ally: The Commander in Chief enjoins a religious observance of said day and directs the Chaplains to prepare discourses proper for the occasion; strictly forbidding all recreations and unnecessary labor.” —George Washington, First President of the United States[4][5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Day_of_Prayer

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I don't usually do, or even jump into "fluff" threads, but this one sounds interesting.

If you could invite a fictional character to dinner who would it be and why? Post your answer, but add a pic or link so we know you you are talking about.

I would pick Thomas Stansfield. CIA director, but started his career in WW2 as a member of the OSS. Talk about a great conversation!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Rapp

Good choice, MR. But alas, as always happens here on OSA people do not think about serious things and that is sad. I appreciate your idea!

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn, fictional Navajo Tribal Police who are the main characters in Tony Hillerman's Navajo detective novels.

Most of the murders in his novels make one to think a Navajo witch/skinwalker commited the crime.

The cool thing about these novels is that the restaurants, quickstops,schools, places, and everything else is real...you can go to them...if they're still open. I've been to several areas in his books,just the characters are fictional. On a side note...Mr. Hillerman was born in Sacred Heart, Oklahoma. Later in his life, he callled New Mexico(Albuquerque) and the Navajo Reservation his home.

Cohiba

I and my Mrs. LW loved that series, thanks, Co, for remembering that great series. Seriously. Lone Wolf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom