If you like blackberries,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the Walmart Market, near me on Western/NW164, has blackberry cobblers out on those tables in front of the bakery/deli. They are made by "Good Life" and have Patti LaBelle's name on them. I think they're pretty good. I buy several and freeze them. I don't know which I like better, key lime pie or blackberry cobbler.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Blackberries enough to ignore the fact that they aren't even really considered Berries....(like Pumpkins, Watermelons, Oranges, & Chili Peppers are).
But they ARE tasty. Strawberries & Raspberries get the same pass.
....Botanically speaking, of course.
But (then again)-
Botanists also classify 'Balsa' as a Hardwood. (Maybe why they can't get a date).
O K...that was just rude.
Bonus Fact: The new 'Crown Royal' Blackberry tastes (in my opinion) like cough syrup.
But 'Bird Dog' Blackberry tastes great...
Why? Because it actully tastes like Blackberries!
Cheaper too.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Blackberries enough to ignore the fact that they aren't even really considered Berries....(like Pumpkins, Watermelons, Oranges, & Chili Peppers are).
But they ARE tasty. Strawberries & Raspberries get the same pass.
....Botanically speaking, of course.
But (then again)-
Botanists also classify 'Balsa' as a Hardwood. (Maybe why they can't get a date).
O K...that was just rude.
Bonus Fact: The new 'Crown Royal' Blackberry tastes (in my opinion) like cough syrup.
But 'Bird Dog' Blackberry tastes great...
Why? Because it actully tastes like Blackberries!
Cheaper too.
Isn't pumpkin a squash not a berry?

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds delicious.
I've got some tiny Mulberries growing outside, & a coupla pints of Blue(real)berries in the fridge.
Down in Cactus Country, we picked Tunas off our Opuntias (a Desert Dessert)....& an hr. later could be up on a foggy Mtn. picking Wild Raspberries.
Just avoid the the Dingleberries; I've heard they taste like crap.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a giant mulberry tree full of berry's that are a week or so away from being ripe.
I know where there are wild blackberries, but there are about a hundred other people that know the same place so it gets picked over just about every day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom