Ignorance Was Bliss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATMGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once as a young lad I received a 22 revolver for Christmas and took it out to the pasture to play like "Little Joe Cartwright". I rolled on the ground came up and put the revolver accross my arm as they do in the Westerns to steady the gun, pulled the trigger and got powder burn on my face...LOL.....

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once as a young lad I received a 22 revolver for Christmas and took it out to the pasture to play like "Little Joe Cartwright". I rolled on the ground came up and put the revolver accross my arm as they do in the Westerns to steady the gun, pulled the trigger and got powder burn on my face...LOL.....

to really make the Lil Joe tactical roll work... you need to pitched off a horse...headfirst. Your broken neck will heal after one night sleeping in front of a campfire.

Next day... you will be making out with the hottie they hired for the kissing scene and busting up a bar.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to federal law, they have to get the uniforms slightly wrong. If you see a correct US military uniform in a movie, then that person is actually in the military. For the Transformers movies they were going around and getting active duty miiltary to fill the extras slots for realism. They came to my base and had auditions. But, yeah, I hate seeing one rank and hearing them say another(Lts wearing Capt bars, etc...)

They actually filmed part of the first one on my ship. That was a fun duty day.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Here here!

The worst was in the last Bourne movie in theaters (it was edited out for DVD): in the last scene with the old mastermind, it switched views from over Bourne's shoulder to the old guy's; and every time it was looking towards Bourne, it was a Glock; the other direction it was a tutone nickle slide Sig SP20xx. And it made that switch 6+ times in the theater.

I think it was SWAT, where the girl suits up to go to a crime scene, racks the slide on the gun; gets in the car and goes to the scene, racks upon exiting car; they search the house, get around back, see the guy run across the backyard, and she racks again. Never see a round ejected either.

One series that was semi-firearms accurate for the first few seasons was Bones. But, as blino mentioned, their tech stuff was sci-fi level.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea... stupid Navy...Colonels are Captains... and Generals are Admirals....and who ever though up those wacky shoulder boards and bar code on dress uniforms?

You never know if you should salute or paint a Naval officer when they show up.....

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched an episode of NCIS last pm that had me biting my tongue. Bad guys shot a guy 6-8 times through the chest. All the exit holes were nice and round, just identical to the entry wounds, and due to the fact that they used "silencers",(as Agent David referred to them) no one in the hotel heard a thing. Later in the episode she gets in a shoot-out with a bad guy, IN A CONVENIENCE STORE, she's blazing away with 2 guns simultaneously, 1 a revolver, the other appears to be a Glock. Both her guns and the BG gun all run out of ammo simultaneously. Of course, before the big shoot-out she had to load her back-up gun (the revolver), she was apparently carrying it empty.
I still watch the show, but it has become a comedy for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom