I'm buggin' out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did kbolt start his walk-about today?

Turn on the news, I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

I hope he ended up taking the GPS beacon. I understand wanting to get out and away but you have to have some sort of quick exit plan.

Or else getting out and away becomes your exit plan.

Think we should have a moment of silence for him?.....Ok that was good enough.

Easy guy's!!!! I'm not dead yet..... I'm leaving around 4:00 am, I've been too busy to get on here the last few days.
I am as ready as I can be at this point, gone over everything in my mind over and over, I've studied the topo and sat maps and (you guy's are gonna love this) I've marked a number of shortcuts on my maps. By cutting cross country instead of following the trail, I can trim hours off of certain sections.
I've printed out a detailed itinerary to leave at the ranger station, And I decided not to make the dog carry her own food, I realized that strapping food to a dogs back and sending her into bear country would be like strapping a ham to a strippers back and sending her into a supermax prison, "Someone is going to want a piece of one of them".

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading this thread I had a kind of "flash back" to the movie deep blue sea where LL Cool J says to Sam Jackson about trekking/mountain climbing. "Don't brothers have enough ways to get killed....Leave that to the white folk." :-)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope he ended up taking the GPS beacon. I understand wanting to get out and away but you have to have some sort of quick exit plan.

Been following this thread closely.
Now I understand how the city folk founder and die anywhere outside of their computer, and asphalt streets.
I' m not sure how Jim Bridger, and a host of mountain men, plus tens of thousands of settlers on horseback, and wagon trains ever got outside of the city limits.
They went thousands of miles across uncharted territories without a strobe or gps.

Enjoy your hike buddy.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been following this thread closely.
Now I understand how the city folk founder and die anywhere outside of their computer, and asphalt streets.
I' m not sure how Jim Bridger, and a host of mountain men, plus tens of thousands of settlers on horseback, and wagon trains ever got outside of the city limits.
They went thousands of miles across uncharted territories without a strobe or gps.

Enjoy your hike buddy.

One thing- tens of thousands more didn't make it, and the settlers were used to living in rough conditions had wagons full of supplies and still died. Nobody said it wasn't possible to live through it, and the GPS is only for emergencies. I guarantee the settlers would have been carrying one had they had that option. if he was single, nobody would have cared, but guess what? this guy has a family, it's called responsibility, have some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom