I'm not sure...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr300

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure where I should post this, but this looked liked a promising location.

I'm in the market for a good quality rifle scope. I;ve looked at Night Force, Trijicon, and Leupold. Money isn't a huge issue right now (I've been saving for a while). I just want something that will be a good quality scope for my rifle (Remmy 700 TAC)

I will basically be using it for 300-900m shots.

And and all advice (from knowledgeable personnel) is very welcome...

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The nightforce is going to be real hard to beat and they have a ton of reticles to choose from. What caliber are you shooting?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My question is this: should I go with the 3.5-15 x 56 NXS or the 5.5-22 x 56 NXS?

The 5.5-22 is a great scope - and if your budget is there, I would get it in a heartbeat.

There are very few better options for doing what you're talking about other than a few models made by S&B and a couple made by US Optics.

You going to go with Mil-Knobs / Mil-Reticle or MOA-Knobs / MOA-Reticle or are you going to do it the old fashion hard way (Mil reticle / MOA knobs)?

I did it the hard way on my first few scopes, but my next one is going to be an MOA/MOA setup (that's actually the first Night-Force I ever got to try out was an MOA/MOA setup and it was sooooo much easier than my Mil/MOA setup).

Leupold makes good scopes, but in my opinion, there's no contest when you get out to those distances - the Night Force comes out on top every time (better reticles, more durable, etc...).

Mr300

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going the MOA/MOA direction which is why I like NightForce; they're just so damned expensive!

I was also looking at the following scopes:
1. Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50mm,
2. Nikon Monarch X 2.5-10x44mm Tactical Rifle Scope
3. And certain Springfield scopes

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of the scope brands you mentioned, NightForce is the way to go.

As EZ suggests, either a Mil reticle and Mil windage/elevation turrets, or MOA reticle and MOA windage/elevation turrets.

For an MOA/MOA, consider the NPR1 reticle.

The price may seem high, but the NF NXS 5.5-22 might be the best value available right now.

Mr300

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry; what is the "Hide?"

Is this the Sniper's Hide website? I checked it out and couldn't find a storefront or a for sale forum. Could you post a link or point me in the right direction? I'm really serious about getting one of those scopes.

Thanks!

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion you don't need a 5-22 for a 308, UNLESS your shooting paper targets trying for itty bitty groups. What kind of shooting will you be doing? I have gone to all MOA/MOA and I'll never look back! it's so much easier for me, heck most of the time I don't even dial my scope I just use the reticule for hold overs, 7.5 MOA drop just go down 3.5 line squeeze the trigger and hit. There is another scope out there but it's not a Nightforce and truth I don't like the Nightforce mainly due to the power ring turning the whole eyepiece but that's just this redneck's opinion, the Nightforce scope is a hell of a nice peice of equipment I'll not argue that. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom