In light of Colorado shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh...it wasn't me that was remembering the West Hollywood bank robbery, because I was sure it was the bad guys who were wearing the body armor. Or am I missing more here than I usually am?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because CCW in that city is illegal, according to multiple reports I've read

While municipalities may have ordinances prohibiting CCW, state preemption means they are null in void:

www.courts.state.co.us/Media/Opinion_Docs/03cv3809order.pdf

I agree with the State in part. The State's interest in the concealed carry of firearms is
significant. The State has historically regulated the lawful carry of concealed weapons, see
C.R.S. §18-12-105, and through Senate Bill 24 (C.R.S. §§18-12-201 et. seq.), it stepped in to
provide a comprehensive permitting scheme for the lawful possession of concealed handguns
throughout Colorado. The city effectively acquiesced to the State's authority in this area by its
decision not to challenge the state’s imposition of uniform permitting standards and by its repeal
or modification of ordinances that expressly conflicted with the new state law. Thus, state law
now provides the overriding authority concerning concealed carry of handguns and establishes a
degree of uniformity for obtaining permits and identifying those instances when a permit is not
required. This legislation enables a permit holder to have consistent expectations about the
lawful possession of concealed handguns when present anywhere in the state.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I thought it was illegal to have a gun if your a felon. Apparently the rules didn't apply to the north hollywood guys. Both were felons. Phillips and The other guy loaded five rifles, one handgun, and approximately 3,300 rounds of ammunition in box and drum magazines into the trunk of their vehicle: two modified Norinco Type 56 S rifles, a modified Norinco Type 56 S-1, a semi automatic HK91 and a modified Bushmaster Dissipator. Phillips also carried a 9mm Beretta Model 92FS INOX Phillips wore a bulletproof vest and several pieces of home made body armor, covering his groin, shins, thighs, and forearms. M?t?s?reanu wore only a bulletproof vest, but included a metal trauma plate to protect vital organs. Before entering, they took phenobarbital to calm their nerves.
Guys really thought it through. Very interesting read IMO.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
Another interesting shoot out was from the 1986 in Miami. One guy took 5 shots from a .357 mag before falling. 3 to the face. No drugs were found in his body.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout#section_2

Latest posts

Top Bottom