Innacuracy in Media, PERFECT example

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC cracks down on gun trafficking to Mexico

OKLAHOMA CITY -- New federal indictments are handed down in the ongoing investigation of a state drug agent accused of gun trafficking. Former OBN agent Francisco Reyes is charged with helping smuggle military-style weapons from Oklahoma to Mexico. This week federal prosecutors charged two other men, Gregorio Morales and Jorge Blanco with assisting in the crimes. According to the indictment, the weapons were purchased at three gun stores in Oklahoma City and a fourth in Woodward.

The indictment claims Blanco bought many of the illegal weapons and gave them to Reyes.

Reyes then allegedly transported the guns to Morales in Texas.
Morales is accused of smuggling the guns to the Mexican border.

Unfortunately, prosecutors say gun smuggling is a growing problem in Oklahoma.

"It's a bit scary, but I want the public to understand we're fighting this. We're taking it very very seriously," said U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma Sanford Coats.

Coats says Oklahoma City's location along the I-35 corridor has opened the market to illegal smuggling.

"It's basically a two-way street. The guns and money run south to Mexico, the drugs are coming north," said Coats.

To crackdown on the gun trafficking, the ATF recently announced plans to a operate a "Gun Runner" program in Oklahoma City.

A fourth man, Kyle Wooten, also allegedly purchased weapons illegally.
Wooten though isn't charged because he recently passed away.

Reyes is expected to be in federal court next week.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-2-indicted-gunrunning-fed-agent-case-story,0,5277744.story

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't "inaccuracy", it is deliberate misrepresentation of the facts to forward an agenda.

And that "agenda" is not just anti-gun, but also designed to create the perception that Oklahoma has a huge problem with Hispanic criminals, consequently justifying the next round of Nuremberg laws aimed at immigrants.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that "agenda" is not just anti-gun, but also designed to create the perception that Oklahoma has a huge problem with Hispanic criminals, consequently justifying the next round of Nuremberg laws aimed at illegal immigrants.

Fixed it for you.

Of course we could not expect an officer of the court to care about people breaking the laws of the country.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what caught my eye in the article that sent up red flags:

"The indictment claims Blanco bought many of the illegal weapons and gave them to Reyes."

The weapons were not illegal. They may have been purchased illegaly by "straw purchases" and trafficked illegaly to Mexico, but that does not make the guns themselves illegal. Probably some airhead lefty writer at KFOR saw the word weapons and automatically assign the illegal moniker out of force of habit.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laff. JB, you're the only person I know who can troll with the truth.

RugersGR8 said:
This is what caught my eye in the article that sent up red flags:

"The indictment claims Blanco bought many of the illegal weapons and gave them to Reyes."

Most idiots assume that military-style weapons are illegal. Journalists take advantage of the fact that people know nothing, in order to force them to know what they want them to know. Confusing.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laff. JB, you're the only person I know who can troll with the truth.

Most idiots assume that military-style weapons are illegal. Journalists take advantage of the fact that people know nothing, in order to force them to know what they want them to know. Confusing.

Nothing onfusing anout it to me. Seems like pue propaganda aimed solely at getting people to pass BS cun control laws that only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom