Innacuracy in Media, PERFECT example

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryxar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laff. JB, you're the only person I know who can troll with the truth.

Most idiots assume that military-style weapons are illegal. Journalists take advantage of the fact that people know nothing, in order to force them to know what they want them to know. Confusing.

I think you give the Journalists too much credit. I think they are the idiots that make the assumption, and spread their ignorance.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No truth to the part about trials for illegals. Under the current DOJ the chances of any kind of trial for an illegal immigrant is slim to none.

What trials for illegals part?
He just commented that the article makes it look like Hispanics in general (be they natural born citizens or immigrants of some kind) are to blame for the real drug problems and imaginary gun problems in Oklahoma... (As opposed to the idiots that blow up their homes trying to make meth.)...in order to facilitate a fresh batch of laws.

They do this all the time with those "OMG MEXICAN CARTELS GET MACHINE GUNS FROM THE U.S." articles, in order to drum up support for more strict gun laws. Only this time it's "OMG THE MEXICANS ARE SENDING GUNS HOME, DON'T LET ANY MORE OF THEM COME OVER HERE LEGALLY".

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so this must then negate the nativist argument that illegals are costing us a bundle in our prisons?

This is from 2002, the problem has gotten worse since then.

Administering justice to criminal aliens costs the taxpayer dearly.

Incarceration of criminal aliens cost an estimated $624 million to state prisons (1999) and $891 million to federal prisons (2002), according to the most recent available figure from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

The New York State Senate Committee on Cities estimates that the annual criminal justice costs for criminal aliens in New York is $270 million. The Committee has called for a national moratorium on immigration to help alleviate this problem.3 According to the Illinois Governor’s Office, Illinois spends over $40 million just on the incarceration of criminal aliens. The cost to Florida’s judicial and correction system for criminal aliens was $73 million in 1993. 4 In 1988, there were 5,500 illegal immigrants in California’s prisons. By fiscal year 1994- 1995, that is estimated to have increased to more than 18,000 illegal immigrants in state prisons-a three-fold increase. California taxpayers have spent over a billion dollars in the last five years to keep these convicted felons in prison

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters0b9c

More up to date info,

http://immigration.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000783

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
But which is it? We are prosecuting them and having to pay for them? Or we are not prosecuting them? Or is it whatever happens to fit the argument at hand?

And FYI I wouldn't trust FAIR to give any more accurate info than I would NCLR

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But which is it? We are prosecuting them and having to pay for them? Or we are not prosecuting them? Or is it whatever happens to fit the argument at hand?

And FYI I wouldn't trust FAIR to give any more accurate info than I would NCLR

We are prosecuting those that commit crimes in some locations usually by the local government but the DOJ is letting slide anything but the most serious crimes. You know, rape, murder, not agreeing with Obama.

Latest posts

Top Bottom