Interested in 80% lowers. Have no experience. School me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the way I look at it also. The only way I would ever do this would be for experience alone. To say I did.

Yeah, I can see doing it just for fun... and alotta times that IS more expensive than buying a finished product. I just found it ironic, myself. I'd like to have a CNC mill to do some of my own out of a pure block of aluminum, personally... but that'll be a few years in the future.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not correct. Firearms manufactured by an individual cannot be sold unless they are manufactured under an ffl license number.

Not true (except in some states). There must be a million home built AK47 kit rifles made with receiver blanks bent by home builders out there. ATF recommends that you mark it per their regulations but it's not required unless you sell it. It cannot be manufactured with the intent to sell though.
" Individuals manufacturing sporting-type firearms for their own use need not hold Federal Firearms Licenses (FFLs). However, we suggest that the manufacturer at least identify the firearm with a serial number as a safeguard in the event that the firearm is lost or stolen. Also, the firearm should be identified as required in 27 CFR 478.92 if it is sold or otherwise lawfully transferred in the future." http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/firearms-technology.html

And;

Read this page 2: http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/legal/sellingbuilds.htm

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll get a few photos of the finished product here in the next few days. Here's a couple of photos of the two I am working on right now. One has the pin holes milled and a few other steps done, the other is still raw. I've suspended work while hunting seasons are open and my garage heater is out. So, I'll pick them back up in the spring. I was hoping to use another members facilities to finish these, but base on the expense that has been quoted, I'll finish them at home like the last two.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom