Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all and I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, new to OSA but long time plinker, hoping to gain lots of new knowledge here though. I'm in Enid and always interested to hear from anyone who has a place to go plinking around here, i have to drive to Fairview about 40 miles right now to run through some rounds. Hello to all.

Dogo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm here in Lawton/Medicine Park until early December for the USMC artillery school. I haven't seen much around for places to shoot and not much for gun shops other than the pawn shops in town.

I'll probably be heading to the gun show in Wichita Falls this weekend, more or less for something to do.

I'm looking to buy an AK, my first, and I'm hoping I can get some advice on what to look for, what to avoid. I know there's a lot of debate on the countries of origin and who builds them, but generally, I don't know much about them. All I know is people say they're fun to shoot and I see ammo for them is cheaper and easy to come by than 9mm and .45 acp.

Anywhere within a 20-30 minute drive to shoot rifles/handguns? Anyone that would care to show me around the AK? There's only so much a YouTube video can do.

Ak's are ok!. IT IS IN PERSONAL PREFRENCE THOUGH. I had to use em a lot in Iraq to train the local guard force. I am kinda burnt on em. Tehy are pretty tough and reliable as far as function, but pretty lousy on accuracy. Ammo is cheaper then .556 and you can have some pretty good fun blowing crap up with it.

legelegel

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thought I'd say just a short hello.

I'm very glad I found this forum. There is a lot of information here that I need to read before my questions really start. It's been a long time since I shot pistols competitively.

The first help I need is some direction on the best place to take a close look at the Ruger LCP and the best place to buy one. Should I consider the Internet or gun shows for the best price?

Shooting4Fun

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I would introduce myself, I am in the process of getting setup to shoot IDPA and learning to reload.

I will be reading a lot of the forum information and will be heading to a gun range to try out different platforms.

My first learning curve is to find what weapon platform works best for me, Whether that is revolver, semi, DA, SA/DA, DAO, Glock, M&P, Sig, 1911 etc.

It is overwhelming at first, the one thing I do know about myself is when the adrenaline kicks in I lose fine motor skills and I have experienced time distortion, and temporary freeze, I used to even not be able to talk when in a high adrenaline dump.

So, I want to learn to better control my responses and develop muscle memory to eliminate the freeze.

Even though IDPA will not be the same as actually being in a self defense situation, it will at least get me some conditioning.

Thanks for reading, it looks like there are a lot of great people on the boards!

DILtron3000

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm from Norman, OK. I'm currently looking for a USP (.40 or .45 - stainless preferred) and a Sig P220 .45 (stainless or match preferred). If you have either and would like to sell, please let me know.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom