is a 9.00 dollar minimum wage the answer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Businesses that give a crap about being successful and making money will pay their employees what the market dictates in order to reach the goal of being successful and profitable. Employees are a resource to accomplish the mission...not the mission itself. Take care of the resource based on the market value/value added of said resource.

Walmart and McDonald's pay what the market will bear...and they have no shortage of people lining up to work those jobs.

If wearing a blue vest, collecting carts, or running bar codes across a scanner suddenly becomes worth more than $8 then they will get paid accordingly, without government intervention.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boss has already cut everyone to 32 hours per week. Granted, only one or two people make below $10/hour, but the efficacy of such a law to hamper small business would be paramount.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raising it is a wonderful blessing! It will lower my child support payments:)

LOL! I had the same thought and the answer is quite possibly although you'd have to go to court to get it re-evaluated.

My ex spends all her time living in her new husband's house and off his teat now, they use minimum wage as basis for her income.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! I had the same thought and the answer is quite possibly although you'd have to go to court to get it re-evaluated.

My ex spends all her time living in her new husband's house and off his teat now, they use minimum wage as basis for her income.
Im in the same boat man.....My ex wont get married cause she would lose all her SSI money and food stamp............ the list goes on and on. She draws big money and the calculations are based off min wage, she is a pro at free money.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minimum wage increases always hurt those that they are trying to help. If you haven't figured that out by now, I can't do anything but loan you some of my old college text books. Secondly, why do you think that there are no "good paying job's?" Unfortunately, the sheeple have spoken. Baaaaaaaa

Nonsence, says the Fat Cat as he shifts Thousands of jobs ...overseas ,only to wallow in his fabulous MiLLiONS.

.A jail cell would be more appropriate...and That aint no Shat

.Continue on , nothing to see heAr!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A $9.00 dollar minimum wage the answer only if the question is, how do you want to kill what little recovery the economy has made?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
wage goes up-costs of goods and services also goes up. the result, the net take home pay will actually be less next year. answer from the left-raise minimum wage again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom