is a 9.00 dollar minimum wage the answer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can it? Wages go up, prices will go up...on everything! Obamacare is already forcing businesses to lay off workers or cut hours because the businesses cannot afford it.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still wouldn't put someone above the poverty level. It would just drive up costs at grocery stores, restaurants,many places that employ a large number of minimum wage earners.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not $15, or $20?

Where is the empirical data that proves a government mandated minimum wage improves the economy and helps employers create jobs (government doesn't create jobs)?

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could you buy a house on that wage...
If you were really tight with your money you could do it 25 years ago.
Not today..so many people living with friends and splitting the rent that make that amount today and paycheck to paycheck they barely make it.....Food gas and utilities are far too high today.
They will only get higher.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will weaken the middle class in my opinion. I employ 6 full-time and 14 part-time employees. Of the 14 PT's, I have 6 who are still in High School, working here by permit basis. I'm sorry, but paying a 15-17 year old $9/hr for pion work is outrageous!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
until guvmint takes actions similar to protectionist acts that gave our workers the best wages in the world, none of it will matter. if u.s. workers are going to compete with china, mexico, etc...then we should expect our wages, and standard of living to level out lower also. no neo-con wants to admit it, but policies that led to our once great industrial might are policies that would not make it adventageous to move labor overseas....

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will weaken the middle class in my opinion. I employ 6 full-time and 14 part-time employees. Of the 14 PT's, I have 6 who are still in High School, working here by permit basis. I'm sorry, but paying a 15-17 year old $9/hr for pion work is outrageous!

just remembering -way back when i was in high school and making about 3 bucks per hr, min wage. gas was well under a buck per gallon, smokes were .50 a pack, a beef burrito from bueno was about 29-39 cents.

now at 9 bucks per, gas is 3+ per gallon, that burrito is a buck or more. smokes don't count cuz guvmint decided to tax them more zealously than before.

kinda like real wages - real wages are what you can trade you green paper for. check green paper vs gold, that nine bucks ain't what it used to be

Latest posts

Top Bottom