Is a Rock Island Tactical Worth the Money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Ive been lookin at the RIA's too, seems there are some good deals out there from OSA members and sponsers. I would rather buy from them.
Personally, I like a used gun that has no problems (broke in) over a new one that could have some probs.
I just shoot them , no safe queens for me.
Good luck findin 'your 1911' they are Great....Sonny

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good parkerizing job will hold oil. I kinda prefer it on a daily carry gun. When the Colt goes for a rebuild in a couple of years it will come home parked.

The 'best' bluing will wear with moderate use and holster carry... but a well crafted blue job on a gun that prepared correctly is art.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank fellas I placed my order at centerfire systems on an RIA, hope I made the right choice. They should get a shipment in by Monday or Tues so I could maybe be shooting it by next weekend. (optimistically speaking)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are on back order right now so im teetering in between consolidating to ALL 9mm for my guns including the RIA OR getting the RIA in .45 and trading down the rest of my guns to 9mm.

Im a student so I dont get to shoot big calibers too frequently at all but idk how important .45 for SD vs a 9mm if they are HPs (this is a whole diff can of worms lol). If I get it in 9mm then I can shoot the crap out of it like all the others haha...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you brought up that can of worms...

If you want an old design, SAO 9mm (nothing against 1911s, I own one), you can try a Hi Power. You can get a FEG or FN clone cheaper than a 1911.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my RIA tactical in two weeks ago and im addicted end of story. I was once on the dark side and I now see the light. I say that bc up to about 3 months ago I thought 1911s were ugly. I am sorry, that is all.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my RIA tactical in two weeks ago and im addicted end of story. I was once on the dark side and I now see the light. I say that bc up to about 3 months ago I thought 1911s were ugly. I am sorry, that is all.

It's ok. You grew up in a Glock world. All is forgiven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom