Is There a Known Time Limit on a Reply When Dealing on Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[drooling] must be allowed

We MUST make comments. Otherwise, you will never know that you are too high, too far away, delusional, .........

"I'll take it" means SOLD, to me.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm old fashion. It used to be first one to show interest got first chance. I lost out on a watch on here about a year ago on here. I made the deal to buy it and then the seller told me later he hadn't checked his PM's and another member had contacted him before I had. I guess if we all go with first one with cash gets it then SPF goes extinct. Maybe there should be a standard on here for buying, selling, or trading.
I'm the same way, but the sheer amount of absolute flakes online make it hard.

Though on here I'm different than on facebook marketplace, I'll give a guy more trust. Sounds like you made an offer and he got impatient, not how I would expect to be treated on OSA. That's what the feedback portion of this site is for. Not everyone deals as expected unfortunately.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but related to the classifieds, I had a phone call from a gentleman in Louisiana yesterday inquiring about some .17 Berger bullets I had for sale in the classifieds almost a year ago.
Power of the internet I guess. Our classifieds are open for anyone to search, not just registered members.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, you were the 3rd pm I received I responded to your offer within minutes, and several hours went by and I heard nothing from you all the time I keep getting pm"s with offers until an established member said I'll take it! At that point it was his. Then 30 minutes later I receive your pictures. That was 6 hours after asking for the pictures. If you were really interested, you should have msg. me and told me your busy I would've understood. I'm sorry if you're feelings got hurt but I'm all out participation trophies for this week. At the end of the day, you were out nothing and a member got a good deal, and I sold the pistol. This should have been handled in pm"s like I was trying to do. Again, thanks for your offer.
I made my offer to trade within 12 minutes of your posting. And now you claim you had three other offers before mine that you failed to mention that to me when you PMed me. Right. If you really wanted to try and work a trade, you would have sent a "Are you still interested? I have other offers." You didn't. Since I've been a member since 2006 with a 100% rating who do you consider an "established member"? As far as hurt feelings didn't happen. Hellcats are a dime a dozen. The gun wasn't even for me. I was wanting it for my Godson. My problem with this little incident is it hurts the integrity of the group as a whole. It does prove a point another member made in the past that this site is slowly becoming Arms List.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made my offer to trade within 12 minutes of your posting. And now you claim you had three other offers before mine that you failed to mention that to me when you PMed me. Right. If you really wanted to try and work a trade, you would have sent a "Are you still interested? I have other offers." You didn't. Since I've been a member since 2006 with a 100% rating who do you consider an "established member"? As far as hurt feelings didn't happen. Hellcats are a dime a dozen. The gun wasn't even for me. I was wanting it for my Godson. My problem with this little incident is it hurts the integrity of the group as a whole. It does prove a point another member made in the past that this site is slowly becoming Arms List.

straw purchase huh? sweet!

also, i bought the hellcat, seller went out of his way to meet at a convenient spot and time. Gun is in great shape. 10 outta 10 would deal with him again. He responded quickly and we moved over to text to finish the deal up.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
straw purchase huh? sweet!

also, i bought the hellcat, seller went out of his way to meet at a convenient spot and time. Gun is in great shape. 10 outta 10 would deal with him again. He responded quickly and we moved over to text to finish the deal up.
Just following the drama and trying to nail down the facts.

What time was the item listed and what time did you pm?

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have purchased guns, scopes and other items on OSA for years (even sold a few). Never had an issue. I have made offers and been declined, I have been offered trades and usually declined them. There was even a time when I left an “I’ll take it” post and received a PM later that there was someone in front of me (via PM) that actually was going to get the gun.
Again, no big deal.
Everyone here has always honored there word in my dealings. When a deal was made (It’s yours, etc), it has always gone through. I have even held items for up to a month (and marked SPFs to let others know status) when someone else had stated they would take it and I have had folks here hold items for me for a few days so I could make it to them.
…all said, I think OSA is still a great place and I have met some really good folks here.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but related to the classifieds, I had a phone call from a gentleman in Louisiana yesterday inquiring about some .17 Berger bullets I had for sale in the classifieds almost a year ago.
Power of the internet I guess. Our classifieds are open for anyone to search, not just registered members.
I joined this site because an internet search pointed me to the classifieds probably back in 2010. I don’t think I could comment in the classifieds because I didn’t have 25 posts. But I PMed him, Dude was 45 minutes away but drove by my work periodically. Basically dropped it off in my lap one afternoon for asking price. Shout out to Bballer if he is still around.

I shot that rifle this past Saturday and it still clover leafs 168 gr SMK’s.

I haven’t had a single transaction or almost transaction here where i feel like i was slighted in the least. Plenty where i have been in line and didn’t get it. Or had the first I will take it but somebody was ahead via PM. Which could be where there buddy just said. Hey I didn’t know you wanted to get rid of that. I will take it. Or a guy that was ten minutes down the rode pipes up vs the dude that was two hours away. You cant fault a guy for weighing all the options when making a sell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom