Is there still any interest in the tried and true Win .270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The reason I posted the question is there seems to be a lot of new calibers being introduced and a lot of hype associated with them
I don't buy into the hype. My main ''deer'' rifle is still a lever action 30-30. I might try to take one with a 300 Blackout pistol this year just because. :)

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason I posted the question is there seems to be a lot of new calibers being introduced and a lot of hype associated with them

Perfect caliber. Bigger than a .243 and smaller than a ought6. More umph, and less felt umph. Win win.

Will kill “almost” any animal on the continent. I don’t know why more folks don’t use the .270. Fast and flat. Kill anything in Oklahoma. Know a guy that has killed a dozen elk with a .270. Probably wouldn’t shoot a large brown bear with one, but probably more than sufficient for the largest of black bears.

Mostly easy to find, non exotic ammo.

In my opinion, it’s a perfect caliber.

Y’all feel free to flame away.

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think so personally, same for the 3006. The 6.5 cartridges along with the AR15/AR10 uptick have really slowed the classics down imo.
Imo I agree that it has slowed the classics down and I'm sure that if pushed it could spark a whole argument with the crowd that always has to have the latest and greatest

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.270 was the red headed step child for years as far as bullet selection for reloading. There for awhile
They got pretty popular, lots of bullets came out, then just kinda faded back into the shadows. I have
Browning A bolt in .270, have loaded for it for years. Very versatile caliber, can do just about anything
With it. People now days revolve from the it round to the newest it round. Keeps gun smiths in business
I guess, lol. I try new stuff, but never abandon the old faithfulls

Latest posts

Top Bottom