Is there still any interest in the tried and true Win .270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two go to hunting rifles are a 30-30 and 270, and I don’t plan on changing anything. I don’t own any of the “newer” calibers. Maybe I’m stubborn and set in my ways. When I here 6.5, I always get the image of a guy with a man bun.
I’m also a 308 fan, and thanks to Hangfire, I’m getting back into reloading for the OG 6.5(x55).
One of my favorite things to do is scroll through online gun classifieds, and I regularly see guns in different calibers that intrigue me. I have to remind myself that none of them really bring anything more to the table than the calibers I already have.

The only two “exotic” calibers I have are 9.3x62 and 9.3x74r, and though they both experienced a ”revival” a few years ago, they’re both over 100 years old.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m also a 308 fan, and thanks to Hangfire, I’m getting back into reloading for the OG 6.5(x55).
One of my favorite things to do is scroll through online gun classifieds, and I regularly see guns in different calibers that intrigue me. I have to remind myself that none of them really bring anything more to the table than the calibers I already have.

The only two “exotic” calibers I have are 9.3x62 and 9.3x74r, and though they both experienced a ”revival” a few years ago, they’re both over 100 years old.
I’m now picturing you with a man bun…. joke. I like the 308 as well. I’ve made it a point over the last few years to consolidate the calibers that I own, and the primary reason is for ammo considerations. If we were ever to get back to a point of ammo being readily available at a reasonable price, I would probably consider expanding the calibers owned.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m now picturing you with a man bun…. joke. I like the 308 as well. I’ve made it a point over the last few years to consolidate the calibers that I own, and the primary reason is for ammo considerations. If we were ever to get back to a point of ammo being readily available at a reasonable price, I would probably consider expanding the calibers owned.
I’m a 6.5x55 guy. It’s @kwaynem that’s the man bun guy.🤣

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Model70 I inherited and I use it on occasion, it’s a great shooting rifle and very accurate. I took a nice deer with it last year! Got and uncle who lived in Alaska for over 30 years and he used nothing but a 270, was a reload he had and don’t know the recipe, wish I would of got it before he passed away. But he killed 2 Alaskan Brown bears, Moose, caribou, sheep, anything you could hunt up there he had it in his trophy room, all with a 270! IMG_5943.jpeg

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a 6.5x55 guy. It’s @kwaynem that’s the man bun guy.🤣
I still have my 270 and will always be my favorite I like the 6.5 creedmoor as far as recoil and the variety of projectiles for the caliber and is what my grandson and daughter like I enjoy taking different bullets and finding loads for each grain bullet I use 60 grain of H4831 for the .270 with 130 grain SST’s there is no reason to look for another load for it lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom