Issue with Sportsworld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in there a couple of months ago needing one of those tiny plug screws for a Remington 700 reciever to fill the hole where I had removed a scope base. The guy charged me 5 bucks! It was ridiculous! I know they probably had a ton of them lying around in the way on the workbench from all the scope mounting they do. I won't be back.

$5 Oh the horror!! They should have given you $20 just to walk in the door.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a turk drilled and tapped back when they were still on lewis, only took a few days.

Tryed to swap a 38 revolver in the new store, They offered me 1/3 of what i got for it when i traded it off at a pawn shop.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My justification for not dealing with Sportsworld....The do not support the Tulsa shooting community while every other "gun" shop in the Tulsa area does, including Dong's. They have a beautiful store, decent prices, great inventory and make a boat load of money off of shooters, but they'll be damned if they're going to give any of it back.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in there looking for my first pistol back in August and not a person was interested in helping me even though there were at least three of them standing against the wall. That was enough for me as I could go to other shops and have them actually help me. There are plenty of other gun stores in town and if they don't want to spend some time with me to help educate me and see what I like, I won't give them my money. I had a lot of great interactions including Academy and Tulsa Firearms!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right. Giving things away for free is not a good business model. Selling a .99c screw that would probably get thrown away for 5$ is a worse business model. Forming a relationship with a customer by giving the screw for a buck is the best business model because it will encourage the customer to come back. If they are trying to make up their overhead by overcharging on stuff like this, their business model will be "out of busines" BTW the screws from Brownell's are about a buck each.......

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done business on and off with them for over thirty years. Generally I have been satisfied. I have never considered them for any kind of gunsmithing.

SPDguns, with a community like OSA, someone on here would have probably hooked you up with what you need for nothing! Just gotta ask.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right. Giving things away for free is not a good business model. Selling a .99c screw that would probably get thrown away for 5$ is a worse business model. Forming a relationship with a customer by giving the screw for a buck is the best business model because it will encourage the customer to come back. If they are trying to make up their overhead by overcharging on stuff like this, their business model will be "out of busines" BTW the screws from Brownell's are about a buck each.......

And $5.95 shipping.

I don't understand why Brownell's would charge you shipping though, it's just a .99 part, they should try to recover cost on a .99 part, they should try to form a relationship and cover shipping for you. And we all know they could throw it in an envelope and get it to you for less than a dollar.

You are torqued for the wrong reason, you paid for the convenience of getting a part, they don't give things away for free, if you want to blacklist them over it that is your choice, hopefully someday you can see how petty it really is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom