jimenez 380?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about the Jiminez - did buy a Raven Arms P-25 in stainless some time in the late 70's with two mags, an IWB, and a box of ammo for $60. It was my first automatic and as I remember it my first experience with slide bite. Fired a few hundred rounds through it back then, and it made for a fine little boot gun for several years. My second wife had a chrome one that she carried in her purse at least up until '90 or so, and shot far more than I ever shot mine.

The most common failures on them were broken firing pins from dry firing and jams caused by dirty/corroded magazines. Still have it, just happend to dig it out a couple of months ago and ran the last old box of Peters that was stored through it without problem. If I still wore boots I wouldn't hesitate to carry it as a backup.

What all that has to do with Jiminez is that they used to be Bryco which was one of the direct descendents of Raven - so, suspect they're probably similar in being cheap with potential problems - but also probably similar in that if you get a good one and don't abuse it, it can last a long time. And they're kinda fun, too - or at least this old .25 still is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom