john kerry talking about syria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He can't just legally do this; simply send the Navy over there and start launching cruise missiles without the Congress allowing him to - right?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Putin feels like Obama doesn't offer him respect, I feel. So that is one of the reasons Russia is arming up Assad. This poses a threat to our Navy - and an unnecessary one. We just should stay out of all these wars over there - and not let McCain go over there. If POTUS is going to set sail the Fleet, he should do it correctly, and by the book, and the written word of the Law.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he would have to wait for them to return from vacation.

Not from what I read this morning. Apparently numerous Presidents have gone around Congress on issues like this. I believe they also stated this is the same thing he did in Libya as well. It won't be long now before he gives the order to draw us into another conflict that isn't ours.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putin feels like Obama doesn't offer him respect, I feel. So that is one of the reasons Russia is arming up Assad. This poses a threat to our Navy - and an unnecessary one. We just should stay out of all these wars over there - and not let McCain go over there. If POTUS is going to set sail the Fleet, he should do it correctly, and by the book, and the written word of the Law.

Agreed. Obama has most definetly rubbed Russia the wrong way since entering office as well as several other countries. Iran is already warning us not to get involved as well. Wonder how long things like this continue before people like Iran & Russia shoot us the finger & get together against us? I mean you can only push people for so long.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I remember about a year ago, it was just going to be Humanitarian Aid - food and medical supplies, 3 or 4 million here, 3 or 4 million there. Now sailors are being notified their leaves may be canceled abruptly and to anticipate putting to Sea, but where - is unsaid, but they know, our sailors - they know... A Navy which has not seen a below 300 ship Fleet since the Great Depression. Leaves being canceled. Urgent, last minute repairs implemented on aging War Queens late into the night, through the night, into the day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom