Just a few of my ideas for curbing gun violence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just posted this on Facebook.

Just a few of my ideas for curbing gun violence.

#1 If you commit a crime with a gun you get locked up til you die.
#2 If you kill someone you have 1 -2 appeals and that's it then you die. Death sentence to be carried out within a few weeks to a few months after convicted ( no sitting on death row for 10 plus years. )
#3 Arm our teachers. I don't want a teacher to be a police person either . But they are the last line of defense a child might have from a crazed killer. I would rather them have a gun than to cower as they wait to be killed.
#4 Don't try and limit what I can have to help protect my family. It should be my choice on what I use to protect my home. It is not up to anyone else to make my choice for me.
#5 Don't limit the amount of bullets I can carry in a magazine. People have proven that a man armed with a .22 revolver could have killed just as many people as the killer did in NewTown . ( Because everyone was unarmed except him)
#6 Don't limit where law abiding people can carry their weapons. We are not criminals we went through background checks ( not just on the state level but also on the federal level) . We have not been arrested for doing or selling drugs. We do not have any felonies. We want peace just like anyone else. But we want to be prepared encase someone else wants to harm us or our families.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Censor news media and social networking. The #1 cause is beaming this stuff 24/7 into the minds of people is what is causing the copycats.
Guns are just a tool.
Take them away and they will just use something else.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't fall into the trap of "gun violence." If you're going to impose a life sentence for using one tool to murder, impose the same sentence for every tool used to murder. Murder is murder is murder. The tool matters not.

And I can't agree with capital punishment. Over 300 people have been released from prison for offenses they didn't commit. Something like a quarter of them were on Death Row. Are you prepared to execute an innocent person?

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't fall into the trap of "gun violence." If you're going to impose a life sentence for using one tool to murder, impose the same sentence for every tool used to murder. Murder is murder is murder. The tool matters not.

And I can't agree with capital punishment. Over 300 people have been released from prison for offenses they didn't commit. Something like a quarter of them were on Death Row. Are you prepared to execute an innocent person?

Very good point.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Exactly.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree but since this is a topic on gun violence that point is not valid. This thread is in response to what Obama wants to do. How I would handle "Gun Violence".

Latest posts

Top Bottom