Ladies/wives opinions wanted...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the g42 has a different trigger than the other glocks,my wife shoots the g19 well but hated the 9lb trigger on the g42

:scratch: Are you sure? It didn't feel that heavy to me. I must be some kinda weirdo -- :shocked: HEY!! :rollingla -- I liked the trigger on the stock 42 a whole lot more than I usually care for stock Glock triggers. I usually have GC polish them and he does some other stuff -- I can't remember what right now -- waiting on the coffee ... :coffee: I love my Glocks but Mr. Glock's triggers suck ... :disappoin

Mitch, if she likes Glocks she'll probably love the 42 ... Oldkar's wife bought one after Gabriel42 brought one out to Harry's for us all to shoot last month. It moved up from my "maybe I'll get one some day" gun list to the top of my 'this is the next gun I want or if you love me you can surprise me' list ... It's really a nice little gun. I've seen complaints that it's not that much smaller than the 19 but I could feel a difference both in my hands and on my waistband. If you can find one, she should really give it a try ...

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife picked the sig 238 .

I think this would be a good choice because it's so small. However, I think the shield would be a good choice for carry/range. The shield is great to shoot. I've shot a kel-tec pf9, diamondback db9, and a ruger lc9. Out of all of them, the shield felt the best. I could shoot that thing at the range all day, and with it being a single stack, it just disappears. That being said, out of all the ones I just listed, my wife preferred the PF9 and that's what she carries. She has a slim figure as well, if that helps.

Sorry for how dark they are, but here is a side-by-side of the pf9 and shield 9. First pic is the keltec on top of the M&P, you can see the M&P is slightly bigger because of the square slide. On the second pic, you can see the width is very close on both. The M&P looks longer because it has the +1 mag in there + the mag extension. With the 7rd mag they are almost identical. However, the shield is fun to shoot for me and the pf9 I hate after 2 rounds.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_photo17_zps9e804404.jpg

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_photo27_zps2c11b810.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has tried a bunch...M9 in her military days, all my Glocks (9mm, .45, compact and sub), revolvers, my P3AT, a CZ-75 and finally settled on the CZ P01...she loves it. Not light, but not a lead weight either.

The recoil on the G36 is pretty stiff...if she doesn't like the recoil of other single stack subs, she probably won't like the 36 either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom