Lance Armstrong gave up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Right I get that you see what you want to see, therefore it's irrelevant. The point as to what you are missing is that I don't believe you can completely persecute someone on the media's word. Now if they gave real reference and they rarely do, it would be a different story, but I'm still not seeing it here. Granted I'll go through what donner posted out of curiousity but nothing tangible has been given otherwise. However, I'm used to a different standard when it comes to "fact" than many others.

We're all guilty of seeing what we want at times. I try to be objective and I believe being conscience of potential and personal bias on an issue helps with the objectivity.

Regarding the media... I feel the same way about prosecuting someone based on what the media says... But here we have an organization who released a report with the results of their investigation. We have riders who raced with Lance admitting to doping on their own personal websites. There's mounds of evidence that Lance doped.

I understand completely all of the biology behind all of this, even enough to apply come critical thinking. So how did he not look like a heroin addict? Several transfusions? and nobody noticed?

The UCI is implicated in the USADA's findings. In essence, allowing the poster boy for American cycling who brought American exposure to the sport, a huge fan base which equals to a lot more money flowing into the sport. Look, just last night Greg LeMond publicly called out Pat McQuaid.

So it may be not that anyone did not notice... It's just that they didn't care to make an issue of it.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's expensive to use lawyers to save his image. Eventually you have to say "f%&k it".

Bernard Hinault....those who know, go Peuguot (sp?)....I don't know if Hinault rode them. I did back in the early/mid 80's, then 3 Rensho in late 80's, early 90's. Man I wish I was that skinny again.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I think the nailed everyone except him. Why do you think they didn't give it to the 2nd place riders or all the way to 10th place. Everyone was doping.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I was wrong. It's a dang shame. I believed him. I guess he wasn't that extraordinary, I had really hoped he was. I hope he recovers from this.

Personally, I think it's B.S. They never proved he was using drugs. I wish he hadn't given up. Is it so unbelievable that some people are just extraordinary?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120824/DA0RMKM01.html

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Never one to back away from a fight, Lance Armstrong is finally giving in and the cost of quitting is steep: His seven Tour de France titles could be gone as soon as Friday.

The superstar cyclist, whose stirring victories after his comeback from cancer helped him transcend sports, chose not to pursue arbitration in the drug case brought against him by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. That was his last option in his bitter fight with USADA and his decision set the stage for the titles to be stripped and his name to be all but wiped from the record books of the sport he once ruled.

Armstrong clearly knew his legacy would be blemished by his decision. He said he has grown tired of defending himself in a seemingly never-ending fight against charges that he doped while piling up more Tour victories than anyone ever. He has consistently pointed to the hundreds of drug tests that he passed as proof of his innocence during his extraordinary run of Tour titles from 1999 to 2005.

USADA treated Armstrong's decision as an admission of guilt, hanging the label of drug cheat on an athlete who was a hero to thousands for overcoming life-threatening testicular cancer and for his foundation's support for cancer research. Armstrong could lose other awards, event titles and cash earnings, and the International Olympic Committee might look at the bronze medal he won in the 2000 Games.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's sued people for defamation and won judgements against them. He has an interesting future.
Does anyone know if he cried on Opra? If he cried on Opra I think that will be the first step in the healing process. Lord knows our troubled Republic has suffered enough over this issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom