Lance Armstrong gave up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Professional jealousy is a a tremendous motivator. I once received a bar greivance from another lawyer for a telephone book ad. The guy was a total moron, basically whining about how guys like me get all the business in "the recent future" (whatever the Hell that was). Thankfully, it was dismissed without merit.

You just cannot imagine how people take shots at you when they think you are on top. Their energy would be better spent trying to improve themselves.

I'm sure that could have been a motivator for some of the people, but 26 people gave evidence against lance, including 11 teammates. That is a lot of jealousy. The other thing about it is that some of the guys who testified were always on Lance's good side. George Hincapie was retiring anyway, never seemingly crossed lance and has always been respected as a great teammate. He also has a very successful line of clothing, so he isn't hurting for money or attention.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure that could have been a motivator for some of the people, but 26 people gave evidence against lance, including 11 teammates. That is a lot of jealousy. The other thing about it is that some of the guys who testified were always on Lance's good side. George Hincapie was retiring anyway, never seemingly crossed lance and has always been respected as a great teammate. He also has a very successful line of clothing, so he isn't hurting for money or attention.

Lance is also slightly more famous than JB (even if by a very small margin).

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's amazing how "worked up" people get over a guy who rides a bicycle with tight shorts. Who really cares?

Well, not sure what his shorts have to do with it, but the same could be said for any sport.

Also, Lance did take out a policy with one of those companies that insures golf tournaments that offer big bucks if guy makes a hole in one and such. Basically it said that if Lance could wine x number of consecutive tours that they'd keep doubling his bonus. They bet against him and lost millions because he kept winning.

Not sure it warrants this attention, but you asked who'd get so worked up over Lance.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did Lance cheat by way of using illegal performance enhancing drugs/methods? I dunno.

Do other professional athletes cheat / use performance enhancing drugs? I'd say without a doubt.

Where is all the hoopla over those athletes (to mean - why aren't tax-funded organizations spending as much time/effort on running those folks down - sure there's mild hoopla, but not to nearly the insane extent)?

Latest posts

Top Bottom