Leaving the Sheep Unguarded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your right to defend your own life by any means necessary isn't as important as other people's right to have the illusion of safety at your expense.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only aspect to support a gun free zone that I somewhat agree with is the possible collateral from additional stray bullets but of course not neutralizing a threat in a timely fashion is far more dangers and cancels that out. Campus should be like everywhere else :(

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my life is threatened at gun point(as it has been), anything nearby is a SD weapon. Pen in my pocket? Makes a good stabbing weapon. When someone has shown that they have no problem killing you, anything can be a weapon to save your life. But, yeah, "No gun zone" is a joke.

i"d like to see you run up and stab a guy in the neck with your pen while he's blazing away with a couple glocks. just because it works in the movies doesn't mean it works in reality.

ps. I in no way endorse sooner state pawn

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only aspect to support a gun free zone that I somewhat agree with is the possible collateral from additional stray bullets but of course not neutralizing a threat in a timely fashion is far more dangers and cancels that out. Campus should be like everywhere else :(

So long as the sheeple and our elected officials continue to allow themselves to live in denial our schools will continue to be free fire zones.

Your right to defend your own life by any means necessary isn't as important as other people's right to have the illusion of safety at your expense.

So sad. So True.

Yojinbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with arming teachers and staff....but I have reservations about arming these guys.....

I just don't know if they got what it takes to be responsible yet... :teach:

So should we run all 16-24 year olds out of every branch of the military, then? If these youth are completely untrustworthy as you imply, why would we waste time training and arming them?

I think to some extent, people rise to the level of expectation.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So should we run all 16-24 year olds out of every branch of the military, then? If these youth are completely untrustworthy as you imply, why would we waste time training and arming them?

I think to some extent, people rise to the level of expectation.

I was under the impression you had to be 18, not 16 to be in the armed services???

I think he was getting at the fact that lots of kids who are fortunate enough to have parents who will throw money at college for them to just go and party at someone else's expense (and these are A LOT of today's students) are not responsible enough to have a handgun. However, most of these kids in these pictures are freshman, meaning 18 or 19 typically and not old enough to possess a handgun legally anyway. The only people at college old enough, typically, to own and conceal handgun legally would be Seniors who are generally, A) Busy finishing up and graduating B) More aware of their limits with alcohol C) More responsible in general.

Also, again typically, these school shootings unlike most shootings happen during broad daylight which is not typically when college kids are getting plowed. Most drinking in college like most places happens at night.

Where I think I agree with the only faculty and staff being able to carry is that when these kids are drinking they will getting out their guns and showing each other and that is just a situation riddled with opportunity for AD. Forgot to tell friend gun is loaded, muzzle discipline, checking chambered if slide not locked back, all the little really important stuff will be overlooked when intoxicated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom