Lefty Shooting an AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to get an AK. Since I'm a lefty, I was worried about getting hit with hot brass. Does anybody have any input? Do they shoot the empties back, forward, to the side?

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to get an AK. Since I'm a lefty, I was worried about getting hit with hot brass. Does anybody have any input? Do they shoot the empties back, forward, to the side?

I shoot lefty, send ejects them up & out to 4 o'clock. The only time I get hit, is when I bump fire from a low-waist level position, but then again I mostly do that righty.

Its a little bit more percussion but not a big problem. I dont mind shooting mine a bit.

98pointsix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am left handed and I never notice the brass on my AK its alot more noticable on my AR but still not a problem. I really feel like an AK is a much more Lefty friendly rifle than the AR.

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's interesting - all the years I've been shooting guns left handed, and it never even occurred to me to worry about getting hit by brass. About the only kind of gun I can think of where I would, is a bullpup.

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The AK is a non-issue lefty. The only gun I ever had an issue with was the Desert Eagle. The ejection was almost straight back . . . almost. It was a few degrees right of center and occasionaly would put one square between a lefty's eyes. Fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom