Let's hear your reports from the Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back and the crowd was light. Got there at 9:00am and didn't have to wait in line to get a ticket to get in, left at 3pm. Aisles were not crowded at all. But why the heck do folks have to bring their dogs and infant babies? I'm not talking about service dogs just pets, mostly little dogs. The prices were high with few bargains that you can't beat online. I guess they didn't hear that Trump won. At 1:30 vendors were stating to leave and by 2:30 the rush to leave was in full mode. It is fun to look at all the gun collections.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went today crowd seemed really light. I bought a couple of complete uppers for great prices. Saw a custom 700 in 260 for a great price still mad I didn't buy it. Saw a few other really good deals on odd ball caliber bolt guns. Seemed to be more tire kickers than actual buyers to me.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there both yesterday and today. LOTS of milsurps (which I like). Bought a Garand with some terrible glossy finish for $750, and decided I didnt want it (found out it was .308). So I sold it to someone walking around. Got my money back plus a little extra which covered the entrance fee for both days and a bit of spending cash for the week.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like previously stated...it was a light crowd today. I didn't buy anything but a sling and was on my way out when a guy recognized me from visiting his booth and asked if I wanted to talk about an end of show discount on an AR 10 upper in 308. Ended up getting a complete billet upper with NiB bolt and key mod hanguard for $500 out the door. Not a bad deal, but now I need another lower to build. Anyone got one for sale???

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I woulda liked that... reloads/reman or what? My friend who just left got .223 for $289, but he said all the 5.56 he saw was well over 300.

New loads by a company called Summit. Guy said he bought 600k 5.56/.223 rounds in advance of the election. He said he was just trying to get rid of them. Said he had gotten rid of 50k rounds at the show.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
New loads by a company called Summit. Guy said he bought 600k 5.56/.223 rounds in advance of the election. He said he was just trying to get rid of them. Said he had gotten rid of 50k rounds at the show.

If Hillary had won, he woulda been able to retire off what he made and would have prolly sold every round at that show. lol One of the dealers actually told my friend how he knew Trump being elected had made it rough for dealers at the show this year... I thought, "What, you mean you can't get away with charging exorbitant prices because people are panicking? Wow, how terrible for your profit margin." lol

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Hillary had won, he woulda been able to retire off what he made and would have prolly sold every round at that show. lol One of the dealers actually told my friend how he knew Trump being elected had made it rough for dealers at the show this year... I thought, "What, you mean you can't get away with charging exorbitant prices because people are panicking? Wow, how terrible for your profit margin." lol
I do feel bad for some of the stores that bought on the anticipation of hillary winning, well only the ones that didnt gauge in 13 that is. Ill probably buy a gun soon to liquidate that stock then hold off a bit for things to die down. Really hope milsurps start popping up again. I could see people letting go with some now that it isnt as crazy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom