Lets see all the AK's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Newest additions to the herd. Arsenal SA M-5

img.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_007_2.jpg

Found a fixed stock Sile imported Chinese AK last week. Pic of it with my Sile imported folder :)

img.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_019.jpg

Last edited:

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My newest eastern european girl....
Converted Saiga 5.45x39 AK74 style rifle. Krylon job added recently.... Colors are a bit off in the pic. Paint should be more of an OD green with bits of khacki and dark maroon.

i.imgur.com_SY02N.jpg

i.imgur.com_sRLvk.jpg

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can look to about $600-800 depending on what parts you're using and what Saiga model you're starting off from. I'm counting shipping/tax so going a bit high end on price. Now you can get 90% of the work done for you by getting a Saiga IZ-340, which already has the 74 style gas tube, lower handguard retainers and proper 74 style handguards. It also has a proper FSB and the 24mm thread has a shroud over it, which is easily removed. These go for about $540. All you have left is trigger group, pistol grip, and buttstock.

The Saiga IZ-240's are left completely in their sporter configurations and requires a full conversion of the FSB, gas block, ect. While fun, it's more work and arguably more expensive since you're piecing more of the individual components yourself.

This particular build has about $600 into it. It started as a IZ-240. I have about $200 total added on in conversion parts + the drill and taps. Next time around would be about $50 cheaper for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom